The Whalehunt

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: The Whalehunt

Post by Word »

Concord wrote:We had a crowd in there already?

Hoax, Pr3, word, Liza, fingerbib, free_kill, K-Yo: thoughts?
i would have liked other spawnpoints, or a flag which is easier to defend, like that it is very easy to steal. It is a lot like a "hold the flag" version of FortFzx, just without respawns (what Hoax and fingerbib referred to; at the moment it always ends in "last man standing" situations).

I like fort physics, and I think that's also why I like the server :)

Maybe the distance between the flags should be longer so there is a bigger bandwidth of strategies.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Currently the server has been reworked into Cat's Cradle.

the rubber is finite, you get 7 for the round. Brakes are boost, but also finite. Check it out.
Concord

Post by Concord »

Whalehunt is back, with its original game mode

some changes

•Respawns
•Round=Match, continuous play
•1 pt for holding flag, 0 pts for everything else
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

i played it earlier, it is nice, one thing you mentioned about changing(i think you did) is making the tails shorter it helps with defending, but with the longer tails is it takes more skills mazing, imo the longer tails are better for a challenge, but that is just me
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I like the longer trails too. I think the entire map needs to be bigger though. And spawn points should be in a place where they are equidistant from both flags, or at least in a position where people can't spawn in your defense. Also, the score needs tweaking, but I don't have any suggestions about that yet. Should the opposing team be prevented from scoring if you have their flag?
Concord

Post by Concord »

there's a new map, that makes it much more a team event, whereas the old one was best for 1v1. It's bigger, with flags towards the sides of the grid. Cycle_rim_accel has been set to 1.5 to make getting around easier.

Scoring wise, its 1 pt per 5 sec, 45 to win a match. Respawn time is 7 sec, so if the flag carrier kills his chaser, it could be converted to a 2 pt kill. He'll get 7 free seconds, and then presumably 1.5 more before the respawnee starts making walls again. And then there is the getting back over the grid.
Concord

Post by Concord »

after more testing today with a 2v2, there are some slight scoring changes

Code: Select all

SCORE_KILL 2  #was 0
LIMIT_SCORE 100 #was 45