Bugfarm /callvote referee

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Bugfarm /callvote referee

Post by epsy »

To test the lp:~epsy/armagetronad/trunk-referee branch I've put up this server. It is running in New York on one of compguygene's VPS(thanks to him). It should be well-usable for intercontinental matches as well as NA matches.

The testing ground is the new referee vote introduced by the branch cited above and how well a match can be run with nothing but this. To start a vote to make someone referee, use

Code: Select all

/callvote referee <player>
Once the vote is accepted, <player> will be promoted to access level 6, with which it can /op team captains who will be able to /lock their team and so on.

The reverse is:

Code: Select all

/callvote demotereferee <player>
If a ladle match tomorrow can be run on it, I can always stay there silently in case something goes wrong, but the goal is for you to start the match without a single admin at all :) Otherwise other matches are welcome. The server also uses lp:~armagetronad-dev/armagetronad/config_tournament_server for you to be able to set most current tourney settings.

Admins are me and Z-Man.
Don't forget to report bugs either here or at bugs.launchpad.net/armagetronad.
Happy testing!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Bugfarm /callvote referee

Post by sinewav »

Genius. I hope it works as expected.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Nice. Is there an extra minimum number of voters setting for this? I can imagine this as an abuse target when a small group hijacks a server while it's relatively empty. Then again, as long as the referee can't kick, that's not a problem.
epsy

Post by epsy »

Z-Man wrote:Nice.
Not my idea :)
Z-Man wrote:Is there an extra minimum number of voters setting for this?
No, but I'll try to address that when refactoring admin commands(making it easier to make anything votable).
Z-Man wrote:I can imagine this as an abuse target when a small group hijacks a server while it's relatively empty.
Yeah. As long as they don't take more than half the server slots and that specs can vote, they should be able to get demoted. Otherwise there's always the bastard admin from hell.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this: https://code.launchpad.net/~epsy/armage ... merge/9459 (I'm mainly waiting for testing which should happen on ladle, which is why it is there.)
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Oh, not to be a pain...but that NY server is not a VPS, but a dedicated server that is soley used for armagetron game servers.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm