Moderator Power Abuse

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Moderator Power Abuse

Post by DDMJ »

• Durka enters the Fortress Authenticated server
  • Monkey and Hoax are arguing.
  • Monkey doesn't want to listen to Hoax anymore.
  • Monkey silences Hoax.
  • Durka asks Monkey to unsilence Hoax.
  • Monkey says no and leaves the server.
  • About 5 minutes go by.
  • Monkey rejoins the server.
  • Durka again asks Monkey to unsilence Hoax.
  • Monkey says no and TKs Durka and 2 other members of Team gold. (screenshot)
  • Durka puts up a poll to kick Monkey.
  • Monkey admin kicks Durka.
  • Durka mad.
radian
Core Dumper

Post by radian »

it wasent pretty was it,,not a good use of admin powers,i had been playing a while when hoax came in,,,monkey was rather big bro about it,,and telling hoax to stfu was out of order,,,pls have a word ,, ye tron gods
i just love it
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

I wouldn't even call it argueing, just Monkey dissagreeing with me asking him to log ctt-dreadlord in so he can play, this deserves a permanent silence?
I think you need some experience in the real world Monkey & not use an online game to take whatever problems you have out on me.
I've seen enough badmins this weekend already who don't even own the server they're supposed to be modderating on abuse thier power.

& to top it off you kicked durka too.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Hoax constantly tells mods what to do. K-Yo yesterday had to kick him for that same thing. I am sick and tired of hoax constantly telling me what to do. I don't silence people for the odd thing here and there it is regular, constant , CONSTANT telling me what to do as a mod.

I didn't tk anyone on purpose, I don't do that sort of thing. I was chatting about this crap so I guess the chatbot turned. You polled me so I kicked you. You don't poll mods and expect it to be ok. You also keep telling me what to do as a mod. You and hoax are two of the most annoying people in this game. When you came back even delarge said he has lost count of the number of times you have polled him for no reason.

Radian, you were not even there until after hoax was telling me what to do and you dont know what hoax constantly says to mods so keep out of it.

K-Yo only yesterday kicked hoax for the same thing. Coincidence? No.
Playing since December 2006
Flex
Round Winner

Re: Moderator Power Abuse

Post by Flex »

DDMJ wrote:
  • Monkey says no and TKs Durka and 2 other members of Team gold. (screenshot)
  • Durka puts up a poll to kick Monkey.
  • Monkey admin kicks Durka.
  • Durka mad.
I'm sure Monkey did not team kill on purpose and so you use that to your advantage and try to get him kicked out of the server? That's lame and reminds me of how kids act while arguing in CTWF. We all play daily together (almost) and we all know each other. I know Monkey doesn't team kill (on purposely, hehe.) , and I've never seen Monkey act that way even if he's angry so really now, did he deserve to be polled?
Monkey wrote:I didn't tk anyone on purpose, I don't do that sort of thing. I was chatting about this crap so I guess the chatbot turned. You polled me so I kicked you. You don't poll mods and expect it to be ok.
I don't quite understand why you kicked Durka, Monkey. Could you not have stopped the poll instead of simply kicking?
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

VOTES_CANCEL and VOTES_SUSPEND are not available to mods on that server, you need to have a higher level of authority, like admin. So no, I could not disable the poll (and I did try to). He should not have polled me without asking what was going on first anyway.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Are you forgetting the fact that you silenced Hoax and then left? What if you didn't come back?
Monkey wrote:You and hoax are two of the most annoying people in this game. When you came back even delarge said he has lost count of the number of times you have polled him for no reason.
First off, I have rarely ever played with delarge and I know I never poll kick him, clearly you can't take a joke. And I'm 100% sure that if you ask anyone that we're definitely not the 2 most annoying people in the game. That's just a stupid comment.
Flex wrote:I'm sure Monkey did not team kill on purpose
Well, from what I saw, it was very clear. Let's see, first off, if Monkey was truly chatting and his chat-bot killed all 3 of us, why did he then say "grind please." Also, look at the 3 people he TKd (me, Viper, and radian). All 3 of us have played the game far longer than he has and we're all well aware of the fact that you're supposed to grind at the start...and we were, so I don't know what he was saying.

And I still don't understand why you kicked me. Forget all the other stuff.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I don't know what's going on, but I do know that if a mod can't weather a poll kick, he shouldn't be a mod.

So I think you should have weathered the poll, and then acted. Never act while a poll is pending.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
hoop
Round Winner

Post by hoop »

Monkey wrote:Hoax constantly tells mods what to do. K-Yo yesterday had to kick him for that same thing.
when I was mod at fort cafe you were constantly telling me what to do "hoop suspend that" "hoop wake up"... etc
The only way for a mod to survive that is to stay calm and to ignore people that don't know what being a mod means. Then think about that: if someone polls you, and he knows you are mod, he knows that he risk to be kicked immediately: this means that he probably (maybe not) had a good reason to poll you...
IMO if you get so easily pissed of such stupid things you should not moderate a server
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

hoop wrote:IMO if you get so easily pissed of such stupid things you should not moderate a server
QFT
/thread
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm in no position to get involved here. However, I feel the need to point something out. This statement:
Monkey wrote:You don't poll mods and expect it to be ok.
...is actually the definition of power abuse. It's the position that the person with authority somehow has impunity from the system. A mod doing their job correctly should never be in danger of being kicked (although I understand it can still happen).

In Monkey's defense, I've seen Monkey be exceedingly patient with people. And I've never seen Hoax be annoying, so I wouldn't say it's a character trait. I think you guys are all great, but just having a bad day. Hope you can get over this soon. :(
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I wasnt having a bad day at all. Dreadlord needed to be registered in the forums but hoax kept going on about opping him. He wouldn't stop. Dreadlord needed a permanent solution, which i fixed by speaking to Tank and got Dreadlord's account fixed so that he could play and he did in fact play.

A mod has powers that need to be used to deal with people. I used them appropriately.

Hoop, you don't use your mod powers when you should. You don't teach people who are new. I see you just let people poll others and then you vote yes. A mod is not there to be popular, they are there to do their job. You are not a good mod, imo, but you are a popular one because you don't do anything.
sinewav wrote:
Monkey wrote:You don't poll mods and expect it to be ok.
...is actually the definition of power abuse.
No it's not. For players to try to provoke mods is not acceptable. I have never polled a mod/admin and expect others to do the same.
Durka wrote:I'm 100% sure that if you ask anyone that we're definitely not the 2 most annoying people in the game.
I said that you are two of the most annoying players, not the two most annoying. Certainly you, Durka are one of the most annoying and if you really don't think so then you have no self-awareness. I am sure that I am not one of the most popular myself, although I don't go out of my way to be that way.
K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

Just stop fighting about stuff like that please ><

Server owners are free to do whatever they like.

the can give admin rights to whoever they want.

You are free to report a badmin or a moderator abusing to the server owner.

You are free to complain as much as you want about anything.

The server owner is free to do whatever he wants with this.

If you are not happy with how a server owner rules his stuff, don't come, or complain yourself until he ignores you.

I kicked hoax, and (I'm not exactly the server owner) I am suported by other CTers.
Still, the topic is not about this.

So, please complain about a moderator abuse to the people that can do something about it.

So please, no need to answer my post, just let it go and if you have problems, complain to the server owner.

Since this thread started with Durka complaining about Monkey's behaviour on Auth fort (tell me if I'm wrong).
Just tell the owner (eddie if I'm right) what you think about monkey being mod, I trust eddie judgment, he will talk with monkey if necessary and choose to do WHATEVER he likes, since it's HIS machine.
K-Yo
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

hoop wrote:
Monkey wrote:Hoax constantly tells mods what to do. K-Yo yesterday had to kick him for that same thing.
when I was mod at fort cafe you were constantly telling me what to do "hoop suspend that" "hoop wake up"... etc
The only way for a mod to survive that is to stay calm and to ignore people that don't know what being a mod means. Then think about that: if someone polls you, and he knows you are mod, he knows that he risk to be kicked immediately: this means that he probably (maybe not) had a good reason to poll you...
IMO if you get so easily pissed of such stupid things you should not moderate a server
Which is why hoop is a good mod & if HE told me to 'stfu' I would listen & just get on with playing.
Monkey wrote:I wasnt having a bad day at all. Dreadlord needed to be registered in the forums but hoax kept going on about opping him. He wouldn't stop.
I said this twice. Chill winstan
K-Yo wrote:I kicked hoax, and (I'm not exactly the server owner) I am suported by other CTers.
Still, the topic is not about this.
No, it's not. Yet you Monkey are using this as a basis of your power abuse.

Anyways I liked how you came running back to the server when I told you everyone was against your decision.

DDMJ wrote:
hoop wrote:IMO if you get so easily pissed of such stupid things you should not moderate a server
QFT
/thread
'Quoted for emphasis'.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Hoax wrote:Anyways I liked how you came running back to the server when I told you everyone was against your decision.
I came back in to play after speaking on irc with people. You should by now that I don't come 'running back'.
Also, not 'everyone' was against it, just durka, radian and akira said anything against it.