Bugfarm Sumo Single Player Mode (kind of feature request)

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

route

Bugfarm Sumo Single Player Mode (kind of feature request)

Post by route »

it is very annoying to be first player in sumo server, waiting for others, due to the damn bot who wont stay inside the circle.

ok i won't ask you to code a sumo aware bot but maybe there's a simple solution: could you restrain the bot's view of the arena to a tight square around the base circles, without actually shrinking the arena, i.e. is it possible to have the bot trying to keep itself from crashing into nonexistent rim walls in a tight square around the bases?

As far as I know (i know nothing about the code), this could be something so easy like changing a config file line, or require coding a couple of lines, or maybe it's just impossible without doing 300 hacks and patches which wasn't worth it.

But if it was easy it would be great for everybody who is waiting for real players.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You can't make the bot see walls that are not there. Invisible walls that are also deadly to the player would be a possibility, but they still will not notice their "zone" is shrinking.

For the flexfortress experiment a while back, while only one player was present, I just changed the configuration to a regular last program standing mode on a very small grid. It worked for me.
route

Post by route »

thank you for answer. well, i guess if it would have been possible, others would already have thought about it...