Fortress Cafe Stats

For things that have to do with those crazy test servers... and yeah. By request of z-man, and, of course, you gotta obey...

Moderator: Z-Man

Ricochet
Round Winner

Fortress Cafe Stats

Post by Ricochet »

I've mentioned this before, and it was greeted with how stupid and pointless a ladder and such is.

However now there has been new ladder systems developed on the likes of CT's servers and the Durka Durka Land stats.

These basically give a lot more relevant information about who are actually the better players, who gets the most points, who wins the most rounds when a part of a team, etc. and of course, who plays the server the most.

I personally think it would create a reliable and interesting account of the regular/common Fortress players, and I bet I'm not the only person who would be interested in it. I've heard at various occasions certain players mention how much they would like to know who has the most won rounds/matches.

Comments/response please?
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

well...
it's a team game
so
you should only get points based on team results
and
the totals of the ranks of the players in a team
should be compared
so
if a team of players who are not high up on the ladder
beat a team of players who are high up
they go up in rank

i think people may want to investigate how go games and rank are calculated
once you get a certain rank
kyu or dan
you can't drop...
or so they say
hold the line
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Had some talk with ed. The problem is that later versions of ed's script need a hacked version of armagetronad. I have access to that version, but it also includes a lot of other hacks that I don't want/need on a stable fortress server.
Also, there's yet another hacked version for an improved version of the ladder, but the script hasn't adapted to that yet, and I don't want to manually strip out the hacks I need out of the code CTWF currently runs, just to find it begoming obsolete in a while.
I think I'll wait for the CTWF ladder update, then add that latest version of the script to café, using the CT mysql server, so we can also create a combined ladder page :)
There's no place like ::1
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

is it so relevant to know who has got more "good days" than "bad days"? we already know who is good and who is not. what is this "fashion" of ladder? please, do not inhibit the few rests of this TEAM game with personal score manias.
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

Rain wrote:is it so relevant to know who has got more "good days" than "bad days"? we already know who is good and who is not. what is this "fashion" of ladder? please, do not inhibit the few rests of this TEAM game with personal score manias.
Although I think the CT-Ladder system is quite good, I have to agree with rain. At CTWF, you have more rounds where the "team" needs good individuals instead of team players, mostly at the sumo maps.

At a classic fortress server, you don't have these rounds/maps.
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Well, the script just collects data from the grid and feeds that into a mysql table.
How the ladder itself is calculated is up to the server admin.
The CTWF Ladder is worked out as follows:

( ( ave_points/2 ) - ave_coredumped - ave_teamkilled - ave_suicides ) x %age rounds_won

so for me and infa at time of writing:

inf: ( 1.16 - 0.25 - 0.02 - 0.04 ) x 75.41 = 64.09 < the ladder has a more accurate figure as it doesn't use rounded values
ed: ( 0.67 - 0.36 - 0.05 - 0.12 ) x 60.28 = 8.43

It only counts records < 21 days old, players who have played > 99 rounds.
So it does take your team play into account. If you don't kill as many people but are consistently on the winning team, your ladder will reflect this.
Also, if you are a good player on a bad team (it happens ) you can still do well on the ladder by dumping many opponents and not dying.

The ladder is by no means perfect and I'm always open to suggestions. But there's no denying the top of the ladder is filled with very good players. Being a hunter helps too :wink:
MaZuffeR
Core Dumper

Post by MaZuffeR »

Rain wrote:is it so relevant to know who has got more "good days" than "bad days"? we already know who is good and who is not. what is this "fashion" of ladder? please, do not inhibit the few rests of this TEAM game with personal score manias.
Maybe not relevant, but I think it would be interesting to see how the stats correspond to who we think is a "good" player. It shouldn't be very hard to make a ladder were individual performance matters a lot less than team performance.
winner of: Spoon, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 19th, 33rd, 34th and 48th Ladle.
Retired since 07/2012
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

what ed and maz have just explained is kinda what i was gonna get at in response to what rain and luzi have put...

i think it would be nice to see a ladder system that actually works, for a popular server
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

More work has been done to the CTWF Ladder.

Some highlights:
Each player has his personal stats page. From here, as well as seeing his personal stats, you can see who they coredumped/teamkilled and how many times. Click on the other player name in the list and you can compare dumps/kills between the two players. Grid Buddies.
Click on Total Matches and it will show you all the matches where that player was present at the end of the final round and their score. Click on the game number and it will show you the final scores.
Oh, and the "Who's playing" on the initial screen shows team scores as well as player scores, and those shown playing is in real time.

I'm off to get out more.