iF
GLL Admin

ArmaBell 0.0.7 + MapEditor

Post by iF »

Hi

Iam not sure its the correct forum here to post an "addon" for Armagetron. :o

The addon is named ArmaBell. :oops:

You can Download the ArmaBell here: http://armagetron.de/armabell

If enough ppl think ArmaBell seems nice then do i write a multilingual version.

But iam sorry to say "no" to all UnixUsers b/c its writtin in >90% WindowsApi using Asm.

If your Firewall crys - its correct - give ArmaBell a chance. :P ArmaBell is connecting to Armagetron.De to retrieve datas. Armabell is not sending some personal datas.
Last edited by iF on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Neato. But I can't run it because I don't use windows...

On your website you have two downloads for Armagetron with, I assume, changes. You only posted the binaries, and this is against Armagetron's license. You must also post the source code for these modifications.
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

nemostultae wrote:On your website you have two downloads for Armagetron with, I assume, changes. You only posted the binaries, and this is against Armagetron's license. You must also post the source code for these modifications.
Ah, i understand. But there is no sourcecode - its patched. What doing in this case?

i named the files:
patch_armagetron_advanced_0271_internetplay.zip 591 kB 5 patch_armagetron_advanced_028B4_internetplay.zip 445 kB
If it makes problems simply i remove the downloads. :(

But tell me - what means "Neato"? Not everybody here in this Forum is able to translate "Slang?". Somebody told me this is a social Forum (or/and Game).
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

then patch the source code with your patch and upload the source code somewhere.
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

Walking Tree wrote:then patch the source code with your patch and upload the source code somewhere.
Hm this makes no sense for me. :cry:
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

iF wrote:
nemostultae wrote:On your website you have two downloads for Armagetron with, I assume, changes. You only posted the binaries, and this is against Armagetron's license. You must also post the source code for these modifications.
Ah, i understand. But there is no sourcecode - its patched. What doing in this case?

i named the files:
patch_armagetron_advanced_0271_internetplay.zip 591 kB 5 patch_armagetron_advanced_028B4_internetplay.zip 445 kB
If it makes problems simply i remove the downloads. :(

But tell me - what means "Neato"? Not everybody here in this Forum is able to translate "Slang?". Somebody told me this is a social Forum (or/and Game).
Neato = neat + o = interesting

What changes do those two files have? And how did you implement those changes?
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

iF wrote:
Walking Tree wrote:then patch the source code with your patch and upload the source code somewhere.
Hm this makes no sense for me. :cry:
what is your definition of a patch ? to me, it is "modification of source code often stored in a diff file"
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

nemostultae wrote:Neato = neat + o = interesting
Ah, lol, sure! Thank you.
nemostultae wrote:What changes do those two files have?
If you start these Applications the Server-Browser is the first what you see. After many years playing armagetron i love to go directly to the Serverbrowser because i never play a sologame and some ppl asked me "can you do that".
nemostultae wrote:And how did you implement those changes?
Hm - i try to explain. Much ppl call me "The-Programmer" because they know that i write programs since my eight liveyear. (atari 800xl lol) I hope its correct to say that i am an "old-school-programmer". Its easy to use some own-written tools like ~debuggers and ~disassemblers to implement some simple "jmp's". In the Armagetron-Case it's very easy because the VC6-Compiler-Code is easy to read. But rewriting PE-Headers after some automated recalculations is not the problem. In my opinion there are also enought free tools to do all this. (but let me say - i only use my own tools ^^) The result are ~50 unstable Exe's and one works. (hope correctly) :D I mean: there is no script to patch because iam not recording what i do. :oops:
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

Walking Tree wrote:what is your definition of a patch ? to me, it is "modification of source code often stored in a diff file"
Ah - now i understand the difference. In my opinion a patch is not ONLY a modification of source code, but binary. :o I often have to patch binary in case the sourcecode is not longer avaiable etc. Its a business to make software longer runable without any code. :twisted: Sometimes its my job - only in example: to make good old DOS-Software network-compatible without any source. Only an example!
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

hmmm... it may be legal if you post all the source code that actually exists, and the patched exe, with references to what tools you used and what exe you patched...

but I dunno really - this is an unusual case for a free software project I guess..
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

Lol - its simple for me to solve the "problems". The files are not longer available at this place. http://armagetron.de/download/

Lets take a look whats the next. TCPA? :twisted:
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Looks interesting, but what does it do?

I moved this to the "Armagetron Add-Ons" part of the forums.
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

@tank: It's an online monitor ... something like ICQ without messaging for ArmagetronAd. (uses the master server's informations).
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Btw it somehow works on WINE, but not quite, just to let you know ;)
iF
GLL Admin

Post by iF »

2 Bugs fixed in Version 0.0.2

http://armagetron.de/armabell :)