Creating Custom PHP Script

Something else for Armagetron? Goody!
ceoarck
On Lightcycle Grid

Creating Custom PHP Script

Post by ceoarck »

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to know how can i create my custom scripts in Armagetron like all the server have thier own
I have a STY +CT +AP Windows Dedicated server i also have Armagetron PHP parser but i have no idea on how to use them and/or run the scripts on my server.
"All the things in life which came easily, have no value , to get the value , earn the things" - Anonymous
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Creating Custom PHP Script

Post by AI-team »

Is it even possible to run custom scripts on windows?

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ceoarck
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ceoarck »

I think it is possible because php is available in windows so is the shebang config for the php parser file and even sty ct ap is available in windows all i want to know is how can i do even if u can give a unix guide ill use that and try on in windows
"All the things in life which came easily, have no value , to get the value , earn the things" - Anonymous
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Here's what I've always used as a reference:
http://crazy-tronners.com/wiki/index.ph ... lexibility

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ceoarck
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ceoarck »

Well , lets see if that works btw thanks
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I don't think Windows supports the script management commands (SPAWN_SCRIPT, etc…) or the “--input” command-line option.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

AI-team wrote:Here's what I've always used as a reference:
http://crazy-tronners.com/wiki/index.ph ... lexibility
That is for the linux version. Windows may not support it since Linux and Windows have various things in different when compared with another.
dlh wrote:I don't think Windows supports the script management commands (SPAWN_SCRIPT, etc…) or the “--input” command-line option.
No they don't.
ceoarck
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ceoarck »

Well you all are correct as SPAWN_SCRIPT does not work in windows well then i might have to move on to linux then , well anyway thank you for your time
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

ceoarck wrote:Well you all are correct as SPAWN_SCRIPT does not work in windows well then i might have to move on to linux then , well anyway thank you for your time
Regarding your question about customizing the parser for sty ct ap read here.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

LOVER$BOY wrote:That is for the linux version.
ceoarck wrote:all i want to know is how can i do even if u can give a unix guide ill use that and try on in windows

LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

AI-team wrote:
LOVER$BOY wrote:That is for the linux version.
ceoarck wrote:all i want to know is how can i do even if u can give a unix guide ill use that and try on in windows
I still don't know how you can use unix in windows but hey you can experiment. I didn't bother because I know full well, windows is not the right suit for hosting tron servers.

Also dude where do you want to start? What are you hoping to achieve? Where do you plan on taking it?

Plan them out, think and come back and reply. Hopefully I will find a possibly better replies in your next reply.
ceoarck
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ceoarck »

I have already shifted to Linux ( using Ubuntu 13.04 ) , also got the r773 package for 0.2.9 sty ct
planning on a mmo rpg with a lot more of sophistication ( well , hopefully more advanced than hft )
got the parser running , spawn_script is workin fine so all i needed to do was change my os cya all u guys in arma .
PS I really do appreciate your replies in this forum.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

ceoarck wrote:I have already shifted to Linux ( using Ubuntu 13.04 ) , also got the r773 package for 0.2.9 sty ct
planning on a mmo rpg with a lot more of sophistication ( well , hopefully more advanced than hft )
got the parser running , spawn_script is workin fine so all i needed to do was change my os cya all u guys in arma .
PS I really do appreciate your replies in this forum.
You got the r773 of sty+ct... Oh well, I've already given up on telling people to try out +ap since no one listens :P

Good, good. I'm making my own rpg style server which only few are aware. Got the main parts working. As in the exp, zombies, bounty. Time to move onto adding items and their usage stuff.

The script I'm making, I will release it online once everything is stable and ready. Frankly speaking, with that script you could easily do almost ANYTHING the game has to offer.

So please don't cry saying "THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" It's embarrassing :P