Just a question about add-ons

Something else for Armagetron? Goody!
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Just a question about add-ons

Post by ConVicT »

Is armagetron recorder/recordings, only available on windows?
Tried to send someone a debug recording and they can't play it on mac.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Re: Just a question about add-ons

Post by Fippmam »

Recordings can only be played back on the same operating system (win vs mac)/client version (.28 vs .4) that they were recorded on (afaik). Oh I've also heard of odd cases where they would only play back on the same computer they were recorded on.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

So say for example: i'm on windows, "Z-man" asks me for a debug recording on my problem, and if he were on mac, then he can't watch it?
I don't think so, cuuz iv'e never saw anyone say "give me a debug recording, except if you're on windows, there's no point".
There must be a way.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:Is armagetron recorder/recordings, only available on windows?
Tried to send someone a debug recording and they can't play it on mac.
They play on all platforms. The problem comes from the slightly complicated nature of playing them. Please have your friend look over the debug recording page on the wiki. Hopefully this will clear up the problem.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Thanks.
So basically pointless unless they're on windows and even at that it's not guaranteed to work, oh well.
The recording wasn't so important, it's just cuz i had a lag issue and i was being made out a liar, so i recorded it and, she can't watch it :lol:

I wasn't saying i lag though, i was saying it was the server and most of us have had the problem in "The Yellow Submarine" and to that she said "blah blah blah, you lie".... Had to prove i wasn't, but no luck it seems :(