Tournament Authority Generator

Something else for Armagetron? Goody!
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Firstly this project is a derivative implementation of a project created by sinewav. He was the first to implement an Authority Generator.

Features:
  • Better Global ID filtering. GIDs with spaces, full stops ("."), etc. all work.
  • Validates the existence of Global IDs with the authentication servers.
  • Auto-corrects Global IDs that use the wrong subgroup. Examples:
    • dlh@ct => dlh@ct/public
    • dlh@forums/incorrect => dlh@forums

You can't publish the generated config file for server admins to RINCLUDE, but that feature is planned.

You can find the source on Launchpad.
Last edited by dlh on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Tournament Authority Generator

Post by AI-team »

When I try to insert "AI-team@pru/leader" it becomes "AI-team@pru", which would result in me not being able to get the access level I need

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The core of that problem is the response returned by the @pru authority: “PASSWORD_FAIL AI-team@pru”. It should contain the correct full authenticated name, “AI-team@pru/leader”.

Compare @pru's response with @ct's response: “PASSWORD_FAIL dlh@ct/public”

I modified the auto-correct code to rollback to the original name if the auto-corrected name also doesn't validate. However, the name will still be marked as invalid.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

dlh wrote:The core of that problem is the response returned by the @pru authority: “PASSWORD_FAIL AI-team@pru”. It should contain the correct full authenticated name, “AI-team@pru/leader”.

Compare @pru's response with @ct's response: “PASSWORD_FAIL dlh@ct/public”

I modified the auto-correct code to rollback to the original name if the auto-corrected name also doesn't validate. However, the name will still be marked as invalid.
OK, I fixed it, let me check if it works now

EDIT: It works!

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Man, that looks really sharp! GZ.

There used to be a link to my AuthGen on the wiki, but I can't find it. I was going to add yours there too. Maybe you should find a good place on the Competition Hub for it?
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I made a small change: if a Global ID is auto-corrected, then there will be a small info icon displayed. This makes it easier to validate and fix GIDs on a wiki-page. People make a lot of mistakes listing their GID…
sinewav wrote:There used to be a link to my AuthGen on the wiki, but I can't find it. I was going to add yours there too. Maybe you should find a good place on the Competition Hub for it?
I found it at Ladle/Tools. There were no links to the page, so I added it to the Ladle blurb. I've also expanded it a little.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Here are a few questions about invalid GiDs and Ladle:

Should they be removed from the authority.cfg?
Left in but commented out?
Does leaving them in uncommented pose a security risk?
Do we have a responsibility to track down the people who submit incorrect ones or are they out of luck?

My feeling is that leaving the broken GiD in the .cfg, commented out, with a note showing it as invalid should be enough. Players can see their mistake if there is a question, and not being able to login for Ladle will drive the point home (that point of course is "spell your name correctly").*

*I understand these mistakes usually happen when one TL signs up the other, not knowing the correct GiD.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sinewav wrote:Does leaving them in uncommented pose a security risk?
Yep. Someone could grab the ID in question and gain the rights if just the name part on an open authority like @forums is misspelled. Team leaders can restart matches, right?
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

As Z-Man explained, invalid GIDs should not be included in the config. I would keep them in the cfg as a comment. Also, I would probably try to correct it if it's a simple case-error (used an uppercase letter instead of lowercase, etc…). However, if it's not obvious, then that captain won't have Team Leader for their matches (without an /op from an Admin).

I did some basic work on a new <gid> tag extension for the wiki—it would validate the GID when you add it to the page. However, I need to do some more work on it.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Changes:
  • New URL. http://auth-gen.gridstats.com
  • UI redesign.
  • Better handling of duplicate GIDs (most elevated user level is kept).
  • Adding Z-Man is an option.
  • Options to include a banner and an advertisement.
  • Code reduction. Old version: 368 KB in 17 requests. New version: 150 KB in 4 requests.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Looks nice, didn't the last one auto select the text for the file?
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

kyle wrote:[…] Didn't the last one auto select the text for the file?
Oh right, good suggestion.

I pushed an update to automatically change the focus when navigating by the nav-bar / other button actions.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Looks really nice dlh.

I tested it with a ctf and a ladle list of teams. I don't know if you can solve this but it would be even nicer without this:
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-21 om 11.52.46.png
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-21 om 11.54.32.png
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-21 om 11.54.32.png (35.46 KiB) Viewed 7048 times
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

*16 wrote:I tested it with a ctf and a ladle list of teams. I don't know if you can solve this but it would be even nicer without this: […]
What browser (and its version) are you using?

Edit1: Did you use the raw teams list (the wiki code)? You can copy the teams list from the rendered page and it'll work, but I'll take a look into fixing GID searching in wiki code.
Edit2: Should work with wiki code now, too.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

dlh wrote:
*16 wrote:I tested it with a ctf and a ladle list of teams. I don't know if you can solve this but it would be even nicer without this: […]
What browser (and its version) are you using?

Edit1: Did you use the raw teams list (the wiki code)? You can copy the teams list from the rendered page and it'll work, but I'll take a look into fixing GID searching in wiki code.
Edit2: Should work with wiki code now, too.
I'm on safari 7.0.4.

I didn't know it worked with the text on the page itself. It works fine if I just copy the text like that. (Didn't think of that when I tried it)

It doesn't work with raw wiki code for me, but that doesn't really matter if the other way works.

I only had some problems with @speederslcan auths. It never validated those autos.