MoniTron v1.0-beta

Something else for Armagetron? Goody!
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Alien wrote:Auto-Update is coming soon ;-)
Ugh.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Alien wrote:Auto-Update is coming soon
I'm not a fan of Auto Update. But I am a fan of your utility. Well done, I enjoy it very much. You should just post updates on this thread instead I think.

:)
Alien
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alien »

why dont you like auto-updates?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Alien wrote:why dont you like auto-updates?
I've always found them annoying. Plus, I don't want any program on my computer engaging in activity over the Internet without my permission. If you did make an auto-update, I'd like to option to turn it off. I have other reasons why I hate auto updates, but I don't feel like getting into it.

Your utility rocks though. GZ.
Alien
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alien »

sinewav wrote:
Alien wrote:why dont you like auto-updates?
I've always found them annoying. Plus, I don't want any program on my computer engaging in activity over the Internet without my permission. If you did make an auto-update, I'd like to option to turn it off. I have other reasons why I hate auto updates, but I don't feel like getting into it.

Your utility rocks though. GZ.
kk.. I will find a solution :wink:

There are players who want to have an update function, too.

Maybe you have the possibility to decide between auto-update on, info update available and no update info.

ty btw :D

greetz Alien
Alien
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alien »

hi all,

a new monitron version is available. It made trouble because ds-page isn't sometimes reachable so I added second page as source. Moreover there is a monitron update implemented.

download

greetz
Alien
Flex
Round Winner

Re: MoniTron v1.0-beta

Post by Flex »

Hey. This is quite nifty. I'm a bit late, but I only saw this just now, lol. Well done Alien, nice work. I'll definitely will be using this.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

I forgot to ask at the time, is there a chance you could make a Java SE 5 version?
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

I can't seem to figure out why it displays the Armagetron background logo whenever I press escape to view the in-game menu. Only when I launch through MoniTron, though. It's normal if I launch normally. Basically I can see peoples chat text, but I can't see the people playing.

Normally:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6489 ... ot279s.png

Background blocking:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1465 ... ot280n.png
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Flex wrote:I can't seem to figure out why it displays the Armagetron background logo whenever I press escape to view the in-game menu. Only when I launch through MoniTron, though. It's normal if I launch normally. Basically I can see peoples chat text, but I can't see the people playing. [..]
Armagetron has a --connect flag which MoniTron is using to start the game and connect to a server. There was a bug in the 0.3 releases as you described when using the --connect flag. The bug has been fixed, but there has not been a recent binary release of the 0.3 series.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Oh I see, well my client is old, so guess I'm stuck with it then. I assumed it was like some setting thing that was being chosen.
Alien
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alien »

madmax wrote:I forgot to ask at the time, is there a chance you could make a Java SE 5 version?
No, I am sorry. It is not possible to make a Java SE 5 version, because this tray-function is not supported.

Just install Java SE 6 and it will work ;-)

-------------

btw: This or next month is coming a new MoniTron-Version. You can filter arma-authentications then. (example -> pl:@forums) and ... ( you ' ll see it ;-) )

greetz
alien