player browser -windows-

Something else for Armagetron? Goody!
AdyLucifer
Average Program

player browser -windows-

Post by AdyLucifer »

hey,i didnt manage to sort the xml stuff with the website ,instead i filtered the body of wrtl's online players web,and got a list of players playing arma at that moment.You can check the application,its sorta simple VB6 app with a textbox and a label. Ah and a mozilla control which you need to install if you dont have one.
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozillaControl1712.exe

i 'll use this post to introduce some new weird ideas,lol.
What about having a tron-to-some app chat communication?like ingame-2-desktop chat client,it would be fun if you need to talk to a particular person and you dont want to run the whole game.
apart of that i dont see anything that mirc cant do :P.( ive heard some guys are implementing that to irc but im not sure it works)??.
Attachments
online players.zip
Application and source
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Join the #armagetron-servers channel on freenode to watch some unidirectional AA server -> IRC communication :) Bidirectional communication isn't possible with the IRC software I'm currently using, it doesn't like its output to be piped into something else.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Z-Man wrote:Bidirectional communication isn't possible with the IRC
Like for sharing chat between servers ? :P
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

ive made some minor updates, such as

*now you can search within the online players,returning back the complete or partial matching nicknames
*ability to scan the selected player and find out on what server he is

soon: a display of the servers and their players/maxplayers
(maybe some chat function between this thing's users?if i have time)

sugestionns are welcome!
Attachments
user browser.zip
v1.1
(14.1 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

This is what it looks like right now:
-Online players-you can search ,filter and locate them on the grid.

-Online servers-simply parsed wrtl's web,its kind of 'dirty',but for those who are curious its a good add.

-Online players graphic.

-All armabell plugins,i took them from some post here and just added them there,MapEditor,NickEditor.

-IRC connection to #armagetron on freenode,so 'ArmaTool' users can chat directly from there.

-Autominimization after 10 min of inactivity.And going to standby mode until you click on it.

I think that's it..i tried implementing some nick anonimizator--like an 'everytime.cfg' which changed ur nick when u exit a server but that seems not to work,sugestions are welcome!
Attachments
ArmaTool.zip
ArmaTool
(674.58 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

Sorry!cant edit post,the one up there has a bug in the irc textbox,heres the good one :S,sry again.
Attachments
ArmaTool.zip
(674.56 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Can we get some screenshots because I don't want to waste 15 minutes starting up my winblows machine?
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

I also wanted to ''clear'' the server broswer better, but as i dont know DOM or xml, i tried filtering the text and i encountered the prob that sometimes it displays

name => A
and other times
name
=> A

So i cant get it sorted at 100%.
If anyone could make an app to get http://wrtlprnft.ath.cx/serverlist/parseserverxml.php
and convert it to a textfile following the
servername
players

format it would be great,then possibly i could use an array for the servers& players making the player locator much faster,enabling it to add and locate buddies(actually i didnt make it because it would take too much time locating all the buddies with the actual search system)
and probably if i would have the array with the data i could set it to the clock-zone as armabell was,right clicking it would give you the menu,etc.
For now this is what i have and its a basic thing (for now).
Attachments
armatool.JPG
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

That script whose output you're parsing is actually just a demonstration script on howto use PHP to parse the server XML file, and the output you get is its debug output. It's not supposed to be parsed, therefore the format isn't too safe. Please read some tutorial on how to parse XML with VB. It's not rocket science.
There's no place like ::1