How to create LAN CTF/Fortress/etc

Designed a level that creates new, exciting, and challenging Armagetron game play? Or maybe just something funky. Put it right here.
Starsonovasa

Re: How to create LAN CTF/Fortress/etc

Post by Starsonovasa »

One last question:
How do I change the wall length in the autoexec file? I want to make it 600m, but I can't change it in-game and I don't know where to change it in the autoexec file.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That would be

Code: Select all

WALLS_LENGTH 600
SP_WALLS_LENGTH 600
(Two lines because single and multiplayer values of that setting are separate.)
Starsonovasa

Post by Starsonovasa »

Is it possible to make this server viewable on the internet multiplayer instead of the lan multiplayer? If not, what can I do to make such a server?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

TALK_TO_MASTER 1
basically. But you'll also need to make sure you set up port forwarding to your server. Look it up on the Wiki, please.
Starsonovasa

Post by Starsonovasa »

What is camping, and is it cheating?
People keep on bugging me about it.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Really? READ THE WI... oh, it's down. Nevermind.

In Arma, 'Camping' usually refers to refusing to crash when you're boxed in. On servers with infinite wall length, it can be considered bad form if the box is considerably smaller than the outside, because you're just postponing the inevitable. On servers with finite wall length, it's not usually considered cheating; if you can survive a box by camping it out, it was too big. On *shooting* servers, I can see nothing wrong with it at all, since you can just get shot from the outside.

Just observe what your players are doing. If it's somehow possible to reliably keep alive in situations where you have clearly been beaten, there is something wrong with the settings.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Z-Man wrote:Really? READ THE WI... oh, it's down. Nevermind.
I can't shout at anyone for not doing this, but you can still use Google Cache. (The cache link appears once you hover a search result and the preview shows, or you can just prefix an URL with cache: in the search bar/field.)