sine.wav - various auditory

Made a pack that makes Armagetron sound like a rock concert? Hook us up!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

sine.wav - various auditory

Post by sinewav »

A collection of add-on sounds for Armagetron. For instructions on how to use them, see "Moviesounds" on the arma.wiki.

These first few are from a post I made several months ago regarding sound in 0.3.
Attachments
other.zip
files require renaming.
(981.74 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
explosions.zip
files require renaming.
(829.13 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
bikeSounds.zip
files require renaming.
(945.39 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: sine.wav - various auditory

Post by Phytotron »

Nifty. Some of those are pretty harsh! Dunno yet if they might hurt me sensitive ears in the game. I do like dietron6, especially—made me larf.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:Some of those are pretty harsh!
Oh man, it's the harshness of expl.wav that drove me to make those. But you gave me an idea: a set of "gentle" sounds for Arma. In the 30 seconds I played "tr2n origins" I noticed they used soft sounds.

Anyone interested in the sounds ripped from glTron? Because I have those too. I don't want to post them, because I don't know if I can. Maybe andi75 will show up sometime, find this thread, and let me know if that's Ok?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I've actually been using the GLTron engine sound for as long as I can remember. I've always got all my sounds from other games, heh. I use a very subtle turn sound, due to the repetitiveness of it (especially with all the button mashers), that I pulled from a neat game called Kiki the Nanobot, and a softish bzzt for the explosion that I think I pulled from Grid Wars. No intro or outro at the moment.

I should say, I haven't tried yours in the game itself; some just pierced my ears a bit while listening to them in the Finder with headphones. Maybe they won't be as harsh in the game. I'll report back.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Sorry for my ignorance, but how can i pull sounds from a game and put it onto Tron?
Boxed
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BoxeD wrote:Sorry for my ignorance, but how can i pull sounds from a game and put it onto Tron?
From another game? That's actually a complicated question, so don't feel ignorant.

Some games have resources available to the user, like Armagetron. You can simply copy them right out of the directory.

Other games have their resources packed into proprietary files. If the game is popular, someone may release a mod utility that will allow you to get at the files. I did this with my Descent moviepack; I used their level editor to get at the sounds.

If none of these are available, you can still record the sounds using an Audio editor. (didn't I send you a list of recording programs several months ago?) Depending on your soundcard, you may or may not be able to choose the audio output as the input of the recording software. If you are really hard up for specific sounds, you might need two soundcards, one chained into the other.

And the final way to get sounds from another game is to search the Interwebs! It's likely someone else has already fished them out for you.

If you need more help, PM me and we can go over it in more detail.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

sinewav wrote:
BoxeD wrote:Sorry for my ignorance, but how can i pull sounds from a game and put it onto Tron?
From another game? That's actually a complicated question, so don't feel ignorant.

Some games have resources available to the user, like Armagetron. You can simply copy them right out of the directory.

Other games have their resources packed into proprietary files. If the game is popular, someone may release a mod utility that will allow you to get at the files. I did this with my Descent moviepack; I used their level editor to get at the sounds.

If none of these are available, you can still record the sounds using an Audio editor. (didn't I send you a list of recording programs several months ago?) Depending on your soundcard, you may or may not be able to choose the audio output as the input of the recording software. If you are really hard up for specific sounds, you might need two soundcards, one chained into the other.

And the final way to get sounds from another game is to search the Interwebs! It's likely someone else has already fished them out for you.

If you need more help, PM me and we can go over it in more detail.
Alright cool yeah I downloaded a couple of the recording programs off of that list you gave me. And it's alright. If i can't figure it out in like 20 minutes then I'll just drop it I just thought it would be fun to play around with :)
Boxed
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Any games I've ever pulled sounds from have been cases where there's a folder somewhere that has a bunch of wav files in it. With MacOSX that's usually accomplished by command-clicking (or right-clicking) on the app itself, selecting "show package contents." A new Finder window will pop up and you'll usually go /Contents/Resources/ and just look around in there somewheres. Preview them, find the one you like, copy and rename it appropriately.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Phytotron wrote:Any games I've ever pulled sounds from have been cases where there's a folder somewhere that has a bunch of wav files in it. With MacOSX that's usually accomplished by command-clicking (or right-clicking) on the app itself, selecting "show package contents." A new Finder window will pop up and you'll usually go /Contents/Resources/ and just look around in there somewheres. Preview them, find the one you like, copy and rename it appropriately.
That sounds like, on a PC, right clicking and going to properties so I'll bear it in mind thanks :D
Boxed
andi75
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by andi75 »

I think it's save to say that all assets from GLtron, with the exception of "Revenge of Cats", can be reused under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

andi75 wrote:...all assets from GLtron...can be reused under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license.
Excellent. Thanks for stopping bye man!

Also, I made an artpack that uses the design and colors from the movie, if anyone wants it. Just PM me. Looks neat.
Attachments
gltronScreenie.PNG
glTronSounds.zip
(404.23 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm going to drop more sound schemes here soon. For for the few of you that actually play with sound, and would use these extensions, here is a link to a free, cross-platform sound editor named Audacity. You can use this to change the volume of the sound files I post if it suits you (although most are as loud as they should go, so tuning them down is more or less what you would do).
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Based on vintage synthesizer sounds. The warm, soft engine sound gets some interesting harmonics added to it thanks to Arma's re-sampling. Play incam using headphones for a very dramatic effect.

File sizes are kind of large. Two archives for the whole set. You might just download the base sounds.
Attachments
just a banner.
just a banner.
introExtro.zip
intro.wav, extro.wav
(938.56 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
baseSounds.zip
engine.wav, dietron.wav, cycturn.wav
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 330 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Super-soft, gentle sounds for your playing experience. Ahhhh..........
Attachments
tronicBliss_banner.png
introExtro.zip
(405.07 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
baseSounds.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

sorry
i've checked the wiki and still don't get it

i gotta mac
where do i create the moviesounds folder?
in the application support folder?
inside the moviepack folder?
hold the line