Making music for Armagetron Advanced

Made a pack that makes Armagetron sound like a rock concert? Hook us up!
radian
Core Dumper

Re: Making music for Armagetron Advanced

Post by radian »

thanks dave
you pretty much answered all my queries with that last post
im,e quite busy with the band at the mo,but things should calm down after the new years festivities ,and allow me time to record
i just love it
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

i played lego island when i was younger...and this kind of music is just what you like to hear while you are racing :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01D8MMDr ... re=related
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Hah, I know that game. Wish I understood some more English at the time. Oh, and I can't watch that video right now; GPRS rules.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I still have a disc for that game somewhere. Was pretty fun to play when I was a little kid(not too long ago :P)
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I've been recently thinking about this every now and then whenever I see any other Lego game. I remember playing it on a friends PC. Good times.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I'm guessing your talking about making ingame music..? Although this did remind me of a project I was working on until I left my mic outside and it's all staticy now.. I made a song called "life of a noob" and had recorded the guitar and bass, and I had the lyrics written out :(

Anyways I vote we make the ingame music METAL 8)

-edit-

took out useless facts =P
Boxed
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BoxeD wrote:I'm guessing your talking about making ingame music..?
Anyways I vote we make the ingame music METAL 8)
Well, considering the thread is called "Making music for Armagetron Advanced", yeah, it's about in-game music. And there is no vote about it being METAL. Of course, you would know this is you had bothered to read the previous page.

BoXeD! C'mon man! You need to start paying attention! I think I'm going to harass you in every thread you post in until you start raising the quality of your posts. :D

So, where is the unfinished recording? Can I hear it? Maybe I can finish it. And take better care of your stuff, sheesh!
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Idk I was thinking it might've been about someone making like a theme song or something. =/ Dumb I guess.

Haha I was recording outside on my laptop and got distracted -.-

Hmm I suppose I could PM you the lyrics and chords if you really wanted. =/ But be warned, it was a ridiculously simple song. All power chords, nothin fancy, a pretty sweet solo (if i do say so myself :wink: ) incorporating my nooby sweeping skills :P and I used a cool sounding effect I figured out on my amp for the breakdown that could be hard to emulate :P I thought the lyrics were pretty funny though.

I didn't save it though stupid me. It was all done in one day, I just left Audacity open, and when I tried to salvage my SnoBall mic the next day I pretty much just quite the project :o Now I'm saving up for a new one. I loved it :cry:
Boxed
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Did you play to a metronome?
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

No I just tapped my foot lol why?
Boxed
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Also using something like Skype would probably be pretty good :o you can send files and see each other playing and talk in real time so..yeah. Quite useful if you just need to talk and show some ideas.
Boxed
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I was just thinking it would be easier to work with material that was "in time" rather than cutting stuff up and trying to slam things together. If it looks like I have some time next week I'll PM and see if there is something I can do with your clips.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Well I really wasn't expecting someone to want to use it. =/ I kept myself in time easily. And like I said, I dont have any actual recorded audio left, so you could make your own timing anyways.
Boxed
17na
Average Program
Location: Fcon server. you are a true tron fan if you get the reference.

Post by 17na »

I didnt read that whole thing but this game could use its own soundtrack I think before you start think about the games music running on a loop based format Its hatrd to explain fully wat I mean but just picture this example the game satrts and the game plays a somewhat victorous sort of tune and when the game music logic dtets your engaged in lightcycle combat the music sounds basicly the same but plays a more interesting variation and to be more complex after you start wining lightcycle matches the music starts to sound alot more victorios it could be alot more complex but ill just keep ideas simple
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Jesus H. Christ, son, take a breath and use some damn punctuation! You're insulting any potential reader with these posts of yours. That is, if anyone even bothers trying to read and decipher such a mess, which many won't.

Furthermore,
17na wrote:I didnt read that whole thing....
Do so before posting, please. That goes for any thread.

These are matters of basic communication (not to mention a little etiquette). Just because you're on the internet doesn't excuse it. Don't try to tell me it's too much to ask.