The Lobster Tank

Home of the Lobster >-;;,ccc3

Moderator: DrJoeTr0n

DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

The Lobster Tank

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

I'm getting my hands on a computer from relatives since they found out that I take computers and rip them apart. I should be getting it sometime around easter. Whats it gonna be? I'm assuming good enough just to run a server.

Another server? Why? There's like two of them already. Why a third?

Easy enough, another lobster server couldnt hurt the world. Whats going to make this one unique? Easy.

As most of you've come to realize, most of the Lobster servers have some type of gimmick, such as turbo, anti camping nukes, as well as the Teamspeak server. This one will have all of these yes. But what is going to make this server truely unique is the actual machine it is going to be hosted on.

Gomes and I decided that the server is going to be placed inside of a Fish tank, filled with water, and is going to have Lobsters living inside of it. Not your typical lobsters though. We are trying to get these little blue ones that can grow up to a little over 6inches they eat just about anything and are vicious little critters and easy to maintain(a normal lobster would need salt water, a chiller, and the water cleaned weekly, Not worth it). We have our hearts set on just getting one lobster. Potentially more.

Once we get this server going. We will get the website fuly built, as well as have many pictures of the servers. (You would be suprised at to see what your really playing on :) ) I or Gomes will let you guys know if anything comes up. Wish us luck.

PS The Lobster's name is going to be Sepiku, after one of the Lobster Mobsters of the Lobster Mafia.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I don't know whether I should congratulate you or contact your nearest mental hospital to come and get you :D

Aren't you afraid of Lobster Lag? When a lobster cuts through the ethernet cable?
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

If he tries anything funny, we'll eat him :wink:
CoffeeTeeCat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by CoffeeTeeCat »

add some local rules:
PLAYERS SHOULD WEAR AQUALUNG WHILE YOU ARE PLAYING IN LOBSTER TANK.
(shhh don't say we can't get who are not wearing aqualung....)
and you make your own original brand "LOBSTERLUNG"
(shhh don't ask me what is all about...)
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Hahaha, that's going to be great joe. I wonder if I should run a gimmick server on my computer that's in the un insulated attic and is running a few degrees below 0. Guarenteed 100% uptime because after it dies it'll probably never start up again until the weather changes... Call it "Tigers Network Lagtastic Frozen Land."

You're an inspiration to us all joe.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

The lobster cage is just ran on a standard pc. and LCF is a bunch of pc parts Gomes put together, and sits on a metal slab exposed under his desk.

We might give linux another shot with the lobster tank, if we care enough that is, it may just be running off of xp like the rest of them :p