0.3.0_alpha4872: Bugs (no Release process :) )

Help test release candidates for the next release
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Great work by the way to all who helped. Thanks.

I have no ingame sound on my Win2K machine. I get very fuzzy music on the menu screens, I get a 3..2..1... countdown at the start of the round, then nothing at all - no sound, no music - till the start of the next round.

Also, is it possible to change the colour of the players name text that floats above their cycles? If I'm defender and I can see a player flying up the initial grind line toward my base, I'm sometimes not sure if he's my own "sweeper" coming to help me, or if he's the opponents attacker trying to do me in.
If their name could be in their team colour it would help me greatly.
belenus
Round Winner

Post by belenus »

Lucifer wrote:For a stable release, I totally agree on the overlapping thing. And there are probably folks here who disagree with me on what's expected for a development release. You might be one of them. :)
This is a testing version, I understood that, but to make it a release I am pointing out ALL issues I see, even if they are just grafical. I don't care what state it is currently and imho it doesn't matter, if there is anything that isn't right, it should be mentioned before it gets forgotten or it is too late.

It doesn't look good, long names (Subliminal.freq as example) even get overlapped with the Yes/No if they are still alive.
- bel
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

ed wrote:Also, is it possible to change the colour of the players name text that floats above their cycles? If I'm defender and I can see a player flying up the initial grind line toward my base, I'm sometimes not sure if he's my own "sweeper" coming to help me, or if he's the opponents attacker trying to do me in.
If their name could be in their team colour it would help me greatly.
Sounds like a good idea, I'll add that later (configurable, of course).
There's no place like ::1
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

When you use a custom font and change font_type to something and then back to 1, the spacing and placing of text is weird.

edit: a restart doesnt seem to fix this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

Everything seems ok to me ... the font is much more clear/crisp and I really like the on-screen map.

The only thing on noticed both testing it on my Linux and Mac, is that the FPS is really bad. Im used to getting around 300 fps but on this one im getting 5-10 :(
Invader
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Lackadaisical's screenshot wrote:renamed it's team to
That should be its.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

belenus wrote:
Lucifer wrote:For a stable release, I totally agree on the overlapping thing. And there are probably folks here who disagree with me on what's expected for a development release. You might be one of them. :)
This is a testing version, I understood that, but to make it a release I am pointing out ALL issues I see, even if they are just grafical. I don't care what state it is currently and imho it doesn't matter, if there is anything that isn't right, it should be mentioned before it gets forgotten or it is too late.

It doesn't look good, long names (Subliminal.freq as example) even get overlapped with the Yes/No if they are still alive.
I hadn't noticed his particular name overlapping the yes/no column. Actually, I haven't seen any overlapping. :(

Does this mean you've volunteered for the QA team? ;)

Edit: Added a v0.3.0_branch group to the bug tracker, can you guys put reports you don't want forgotten there?

Edit2: Tracker here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
belenus
Round Winner

Post by belenus »

I am back to 0.2.8.2 since the 0.3's camera setting is way to slow, and glacing is kinda weird now.

When hitting the same key for glacing very fast for a few times (left or right), you are actually turning your view around the cycle because the glace is adjusted from the current camera view and not the bike view.

Should be changed too because it it not what one would expect to happen.
The way it was in 0.2.8.2 was perfect imho.
- bel
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Post by Lacrymosa »

I totally agree with you belenus, the camera was the reason why I switched back as well. The font stuff is quiet good, but the overlapping needs to be fixed. The best new thing is the new HUD. But some information (e.g. time or music) aren't important for the game itself so you should have the possibility to turn them off.
All in all, good job guys :)
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

In bugfarm fortress when attempting to join a team, each team was displayed twice ie.

Code: Select all

create new team
join gold(4)
join blue(5)
join gold(4)
join blue(5)
(vanhayes also noticed this)
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

I agree with there being alot of unwanted information on the Hud, So i made my own:

Image Image Image Image

It is just an edit of the one that is used in 0.3, I got rid of the old map and put a bigger toggled map on, moved the speed and brake meters over some, added a few toggles to get rid of FPS meter and the unwanted information. I also switched the FPS colours around, because to me red means low and green means high, and made it so when the brake gets low it gets red not green again. And I made the enemies/friends alive thing bigger. It was pretty easy to do too, and I dont know anything about programing.
You've gone too far, turn back!
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

could someone look at this recording? the game doesnt crash until after loading default video prefrences.

edit heres a different one seems the problem is in text output...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Doesn't crash for me in Linux. Of course, I'll check it again when I boot into Windows, which won't be too far away.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Van-hayes wrote:I agree with there being alot of unwanted information on the Hud, So i made my own:

[...]

It is just an edit of the one that is used in 0.3, I got rid of the old map and put a bigger toggled map on, moved the speed and brake meters over some, added a few toggles to get rid of FPS meter and the unwanted information.
That's what the whole customisation thing is for :)
I hope Luke-Jr will allow uploading of cockpit resources to his repository soon so you can all commit your files for everyone to use :)
I also switched the FPS colours around, because to me red means low and green means high, and made it so when the brake gets low it gets red not green again.
Yeah, good idea, I changed the default file to do the same now. I don't know what was wrong with me when I did them in the wrong order...
And I made the enemies/friends alive thing bigger. It was pretty easy to do too, and I dont know anything about programing.
:)
There's no place like ::1
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

That cockpit tutorial (and therefore practical customization) looks like a huge pain in the ass for players.