0.3.0_alpha4872: Bugs (no Release process :) )

Help test release candidates for the next release
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

wrtlprnft wrote:Luke, can you please enable cockpit uploads for the resource repository? The format will hopefully stay compatible from now on, so there's no reason to prevent people from sharing their cockpits :)
Without a fixed version DTD, there's nothing to enable. Any resource specifying "cockpit.dtd" is invalid. If it's really that urgent, release a fixed-version alpha DTD for me to use.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That's my job :) I'll make it do the same to cockpits and the cockpit dtd that is already done for map.dtd. I'll bump the version of cockpit.dtd to 0.3.0.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Done. The change is in the new alpha build.
~*PsYkO*~

Post by ~*PsYkO*~ »

1) Looks too cartoony
2) The glances HAVE to be changed
3) Font a lil weird
wd-40
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by wd-40 »

i dont think the glances necessarily HAVE to be changed, but we could at least leave the old one in as an option as well.

let us know when you get the whole sdl_mixer and windows mp3 problem fixed so we can try it out
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Glances won't be changed for 0.3.0, at least not by me. It's not critical, and I'd rather not hack at it. The whole camera code is asking for a restructuring, and when it's done, the whole old code from 0.2.8 can, in theory, be made available as an alternative.

For MP3:
http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=4721

For the other sound problem, try entering SOUND_BUFFER_SIZE 4
on the console or editing it into user_0.3.0.cfg.
~|DS|~|Patch|
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ~|DS|~|Patch| »

Since this is the latest Mac build (i think) i need to say this, i can't change the music, nor can i use a custom one.

and secondly, the flow of movement with the cycles is glitchy and harsh, not smooth and clean like 2.8.2.

:) i hope you guys can fix this up, for i am looking forward to the ultimate 3.0 build :P :P