0.2.9.0.1 released

Help test release candidates for the next release
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

0.2.9.0.1 released

Post by Z-Man »

0.2.9.0 out! Well, the builds came out a couple of days ago, all that time in between was spent remembering how to make the various announcements. Forums are last, obviously.

The consistent places to get this version are on the download site (which also has the "what's new" info), launchpad and sourceforge.

But you can also get this build and future updates automatically on our PPA, Steam and:

New: itch.io!!!

The itch.io release is still in stealth mode, meaning you don't find it and it should not appear in their discovery queue equivalents just yet. I'll activate that only with 0.2.9.1.

And Zero Install also still exists as an auto-update option. But I'm out of links. I'ts my favorite! It allows command line arguments and version selection.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: 0.2.9.0.1 released

Post by Z-Man »

A small update to 0.2.9.0.1 is out. It fixes AppImages, Zero Install and Itch.io for Linux distributions that don't bring some libraries Ubuntu 16.04 has and which 0.2.9.0 silently required. If you tried any of those and they didn't launch at all for you, try the new version. Users of other distribution methods don't need to bother, there were no code changes.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: 0.2.9.0.1 released

Post by sinewav »

Wow, 0install is pretty great, I'm kicking myself for not using it earlier. Too bad there aren't more application using this for distribution.