0.2.8.0_rc3: Release process and bugs

Help test release candidates for the next release
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

0.2.8.0_rc3: Release process and bugs

Post by Z-Man »

Sources are tagged and my builds are almost done. I'm waiting for the 64 bit packages to finish so I can upload everything in one go.

Edit: Uploads done, both to SF and AABeta.

I submitted an update for our happy penguin entry and am working on an update for freshmeat. I guess it's time to announce our work to a bigger audience.
Err, were there any Non-Unix update sites we have an entry on?

Edit2: Cool, just found out about freshmeat-submit, a small tool that allows automatic updates of fm entries. I think I'll integrate it into armagetronad-build/Makefile.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I'm merging the changes up to rc3 back into the trunk. The first step, merging the changes up to rc3 from b0_2_8_0 back into b0_2_8 worked fine without problems. The second step, merging the combined changes from b0_2_8 back into the trunk, also worked fine, with one exception; gHud.cpp has been refactored too much for a merge to be successful. It's not important now because the only change in the trunk was already a feature backport, so merging it was not required. But I guess it's better to consider gHud.cpp from the trunk and the 0.2.8 branches to be decoupled.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I suspected that would happen with gHud. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

The first and only bug I've encountered. When I enter a server, doesn't matter which one, the camera always freezes. It spawns in the middle of the area, and wont move (other than glances). But it goes back to normal when a new game starts.
This happened on occasion with most, if not all of the other versions. But this is everytime.

Windoze rc3_vc6
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Ahh, that happens to me too. I've been ignoring it because I'm running off the trunk, didn't know it was in the rc too. You're stuck in external cam, or whatever cam it is that has a fixed location. Switch cameras (default is "c" to do this) until you get to the one you want. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

I can't switch.

EDIT: and of course, now the I want to try a recording it wont get stuck.... stupid ga ::mutters::
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I got lucky and caught one of them camera init bugs on tape. Switching both the center and the camera mode fixed it for me then, and it won't happen when you're alive. The fix is small and shouldn't do anything bad while you're alive, so it's clear for 0.2.8.0.
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

After AA tried to download a non-existent map from resource.armagetronad.net, the nice error log message was displayed, but then ArmagetronAd died after pressing a key to confirm the error report.

0.2.8.0_rc3.vc6 => CRASH
0.2.8.0_rc3.gcc works!
.../nNetwork.cpp:2286
Assertion !sn_Connections.socket failed

Steps:
1) set map_file to "rubbish"
2) Host a LAN game (internet game might also be affected)
3) wait for the error message
4) press a key
5) wait for AA to exit ;)

CHECKED: Removed non-standard env "PATH" folders - some folders contained a custom set of MFC* DLLs. Did not fix it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

Just figured out my FPS problem (I guess)...
An autoexec.cfg with dedicated_fps will affect the client too ?

Also I'm still trying to reproduce the wireframe bug I encountered after installing 0.2.8_rc3.gcc and disabling SDL OpenGL.

I also pinned it down to this user.cfg the new user.cfg was ok (also with similar settings), I'm not sure which line is responsible...

EDIT: Uninstaller does not remove settings_visual.cfg ;), otherwise it now keeps the folder, thanks ;) Also the missing resource reports are easy to read now. excellent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I get the wireframe visuals whenever I have Polygon Antialiasing enabled in linux with a nVidia card.
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

@tank: I messed with that option AFAIK, so that's probably it. GeForce3 (here)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Eek, I'll look at the recording.

No, the client ignores DEDICATED_FPS, so that can't be it.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

OS 10.2.8 version built yet?
MaZuffeR
Core Dumper

Post by MaZuffeR »

Noticed a bug yesterday.

The enemies/friends thingy isn't always correct. On the screenshot you see that it shows two enemies are alive and one friend, but actually it's two friends and one enemy as you can see from the alive statuses.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

It shows the statuses as viewed from the perspective of the player you're currently watching. So, if you watch a blue player the "Enemies" will be the gold players, if you're watching a gold one it will the blues.