Trying to build latest .4 client when z-man merged sdl2

Help test release candidates for the next release
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Trying to build latest .4 client when z-man merged sdl2

Post by compguygene »

I tried to build this newer .4 client and came up with these errors when I tried to make.

Code: Select all

render/rScreen.cpp:1539:42: error: ‘SDL_GL_DeleteContext’ was not declared in this scope
         SDL_GL_DeleteContext(sr_glcontext);
                                          ^
Makefile:2486: recipe for target 'render/librender_a-rScreen.o' failed
make[3]: *** [render/librender_a-rScreen.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/compguygene/0.4/src'
Makefile:4135: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/compguygene/0.4/src'
Makefile:758: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/compguygene/0.4'
Makefile:549: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thank you in advance for any help.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Trying to build latest .4 client when z-man merged sdl2

Post by Light »

If you're trying to build the launchpad version, it doesn't work for me either. Although, there were quite a few versions from there that I couldn't build. Maybe there's some unfinished code? At least that's how it looks to me. Also, you've gotten the same error as me.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Yes, it's the launchpad version..... Well, it's good to report that it doesn't build and what the error is.
Light

Post by Light »

compguygene wrote:Yes, it's the launchpad version..... Well, it's good to report that it doesn't build and what the error is.
From a little googling, I can't tell you if it's unfinished or they're using depreciated functions, or we're missing something. All seem to be an option .. I'm not really a C++ person to begin with, so this is a little out of my comfort zone. We'll have to wait for someone a little more knowledgeable than myself on this topic to respond.

It's pretty common for current versions of things to not work though. They could simply be in the middle of something. The LP versions should probably just be a backup to your usual client.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

My usual client is the latest .4 that actually works. It has been that since .3. When shooting was big, you had a major advantage if you had a client with a minimap. So, I have been using these experimental versions since 2008.
As an aside. I learned C back in 1985 when I was in college and have been learning C++ so I can contribute to the game. But, I am not quite there yet.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

compguygene wrote:When shooting was big, you had a major advantage if you had a client with a minimap.
*Off-topic
Personally as a person who played shooting over a year and now has a minimap compared to back then having tried it and not liked it, I disagree with this, I find glancing to be a much better way to see opponents ect, I think the minimap is distracting in shooting and misleading often, but to each his own :P
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Light

Post by Light »

compguygene wrote:My usual client is the latest .4 that actually works. It has been that since .3. When shooting was big, you had a major advantage if you had a client with a minimap. So, I have been using these experimental versions since 2008.
As an aside. I learned C back in 1985 when I was in college and have been learning C++ so I can contribute to the game. But, I am not quite there yet.
Yeah. I use the ones he releases rather than the recent LP version.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/armaget ... ots/trunk/
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Magi wrote:
compguygene wrote:When shooting was big, you had a major advantage if you had a client with a minimap.
*Off-topic
Personally as a person who played shooting over a year and now has a minimap compared to back then having tried it and not liked it, I disagree with this, I find glancing to be a much better way to see opponents ect, I think the minimap is distracting in shooting and misleading often, but to each his own :P
Well, it takes some getting used to. Also, I doubt if you have ever played in the more active shooting servers when there were more skilled shooting players playing. Like 14 total players in 2 teams of 7 in Ww Fortress Shootout. Me and many others found that glancing alone rarely let you see all those mega shots that came out of practically nowhere. Also, the minimap was a secondary way to line up shots that went all the way across the map. Once again, it takes some getting used to to integrate both the minimap and the regular visual data.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Magi wrote:
*Off-topic
QFT. And, I'm kind of a big deal, right? (yeah, whatever)
compguygene wrote:Well, it takes some getting used to. Also, I doubt if you have ever played in the more active shooting servers when there were more skilled shooting players playing. Like 14 total players in 2 teams of 7 in Ww Fortress Shootout. Me and many others found that glancing alone rarely let you see all those mega shots that came out of practically nowhere. Also, the minimap was a secondary way to line up shots that went all the way across the map. Once again, it takes some getting used to to integrate both the minimap and the regular visual data.
I can see how it may be useful in much larger maps (like Fortress shooting). I still disagree that it's a "game-changing advantage", though.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Hmm. I did forget to add the required sdl2 LIBRARY files to winlibs (corrected now), but the error you're getting is a header error. Have you fetched the latest winlibs and used code::blocks 13.12? Not that the wrong compiler version could explain such an error...
Light

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Hmm. I did forget to add the required sdl2 LIBRARY files to winlibs (corrected now), but the error you're getting is a header error. Have you fetched the latest winlibs and used code::blocks 13.12? Not that the wrong compiler version could explain such an error...
I saw when googling that, that could be an issue. I tried grabbing libsdl2-dev I believe and it of course came with plenty of other packages. Do I need something else?

Sorry, but compiling on Xubuntu.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

As the original poster, just to confirm. I am running Kubuntu 15.04 with libsdl2-dev installed. I just assumed that I would need to install the libsdl2-dev package for this to work.
Light

Post by Light »

compguygene wrote:As the original poster, just to confirm. I am running Kubuntu 15.04 with libsdl2-dev installed. I just assumed that I would need to install the libsdl2-dev package for this to work.
Well, it's nice to know we're on the same line of thinking. That's also kind of a bad thing since we're hitting a brick wall. :P

apt-get install libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev
After doing this and running the configure script again, I may have gotten a little further?

protobuf/libprotobuf.a(libprotobuf_a-gAIBase.pb.o): In function `void google::protobuf::Arena::Own<Game::AITeamSync>(Game::AITeamSync*)':
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text._ZN6google8protobuf5Arena3OwnIN4Game10AITeamSyncEEEvPT_[_ZN6google8protobuf5Arena3OwnIN4Game10AITeamSyncEEEvPT_]+0xb): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::Arena::AddListNode(void*, void (*)(void*))'
thirdparty/scrap/libscrap.a(libscrap_a-scrap.o): In function `clipboard_filter(SDL_Event const*)':
scrap.cpp:(.text+0x141): undefined reference to `filter(SDL_Event const*)'
thirdparty/scrap/libscrap.a(libscrap_a-scrap.o): In function `init_scrap()':
scrap.cpp:(.text+0x340): undefined reference to `SDL_GetWMInfo'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1556: recipe for target 'armagetronad_main' failed
make[3]: *** [armagetronad_main] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tom/armagetronad/launchpad/0.4/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/tom/armagetronad/launchpad/0.4/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/tom/armagetronad/launchpad/0.4'
I've always had to grab protobuf from google code. What version should I use now, assuming that's the issue?
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Well, we are on the exact same train of thought. i was looking for the names of the additional SDL2 packages I might need, and I saw your post. I installed those packages and duplicated the error that you got.
Light

Post by Light »

I grabbed the latest protobuf from ..
https://github.com/google/protobuf/archive/master.zip

Still hit my brick wall of protobuf errors.

protobuf/libprotobuf.a(libprotobuf_a-gAIBase.pb.o): In function `Game::AIPlayerSync::MergePartialFromCodedStream(google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream*)':
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x1435): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadVarint32Fallback(unsigned int)'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x145e): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadTagFallback(unsigned int)'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x157c): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadVarint64Fallback()'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x1595): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadVarint64Fallback()'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x15b8): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::IncrementRecursionDepthAndPushLimit(int)'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x15e5): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::DecrementRecursionDepthAndPopLimit(int)'
protobuf/libprotobuf.a(libprotobuf_a-gAIBase.pb.o): In function `Game::AITeamSync::MergePartialFromCodedStream(google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream*)':
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x18e5): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadVarint32Fallback(unsigned int)'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x190e): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadTagFallback(unsigned int)'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x1a2c): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadVarint64Fallback()'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x1a45): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::ReadVarint64Fallback()'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x1a68): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::IncrementRecursionDepthAndPushLimit(int)'
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text+0x1a95): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::io::CodedInputStream::DecrementRecursionDepthAndPopLimit(int)'
protobuf/libprotobuf.a(libprotobuf_a-gAIBase.pb.o): In function `void google::protobuf::Arena::Own<Game::AIPlayerSync>(Game::AIPlayerSync*)':
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text._ZN6google8protobuf5Arena3OwnIN4Game12AIPlayerSyncEEEvPT_[_ZN6google8protobuf5Arena3OwnIN4Game12AIPlayerSyncEEEvPT_]+0xb): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::Arena::AddListNode(void*, void (*)(void*))'
protobuf/libprotobuf.a(libprotobuf_a-gAIBase.pb.o): In function `void google::protobuf::Arena::Own<Game::AITeamSync>(Game::AITeamSync*)':
gAIBase.pb.cc:(.text._ZN6google8protobuf5Arena3OwnIN4Game10AITeamSyncEEEvPT_[_ZN6google8protobuf5Arena3OwnIN4Game10AITeamSyncEEEvPT_]+0xb): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::Arena::AddListNode(void*, void (*)(void*))'
thirdparty/scrap/libscrap.a(libscrap_a-scrap.o): In function `clipboard_filter(SDL_Event const*)':
scrap.cpp:(.text+0x141): undefined reference to `filter(SDL_Event const*)'
thirdparty/scrap/libscrap.a(libscrap_a-scrap.o): In function `init_scrap()':
scrap.cpp:(.text+0x340): undefined reference to `SDL_GetWMInfo'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1556: recipe for target 'armagetronad_main' failed
make[3]: *** [armagetronad_main] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tom/armagetronad/launchpad/0.4/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/tom/armagetronad/launchpad/0.4/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/tom/armagetronad/launchpad/0.4'
I don't really know what I may be doing wrong. It shows in the protobuf docs that CodedInputStream is there .. Any ideas?