Trying to build latest .4 client when z-man merged sdl2

Help test release candidates for the next release
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Trying to build latest .4 client when z-man merged sdl2

Post by compguygene »

kyle wrote: Just found a really odd glitch though, going from full screen to windowed I get this, However it does eventually become readable

It seams so go to that odd offcolour backround when changing size until it looses focus and then is given focus again
I have found the same behavior on my install when going from full screen to windowed.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I didn't get these effect on my big PC in Windows or Linux, but now on my crappy laptop, I see texture corruption. In theory, SDL2 should keep the gl context (with the textures) when you switch, but either that is not working correctly on some machines or we're doing something wrong. Since it affects me, I'm highly motivated to fix it :)

Light: That is still some conflict between the files in src/protobuf and the protobuf library that we link with. If cleaning out src/protobuf does not help (with 'make distclean' if all else fails), that means your installation of protobuf is skewed. The protobuf installation consists of three parts: the protoc compiler (for me in /usr/bin), the headers (/usr/include/google/protobuf/) and the libraries (/usr/lib/libprotobuf*). They all must come from the same version. If headers and protoc don't match, you get compilation errors. Linker errors, what you got, happen when headers and protoc match, but the libraries are off.
You can find out where protoc is with 'which protoc', get its version with 'protoc --version'. You can find the libraries with 'locate libprotobuf.so'. The obvious version you read from that is, unfortunately, not the version protoc uses; for me protoc says its version 2.5.0, but the libs are version 5.0.0. Just paste what you find.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Z-man, I noticed that you posted an updated .4 with a fix for the issue of going from fullscreen to a regular window. As you state there, it works for you. I just wanted to let you know that it works for me as well. Also, I installed that same version on my wife's desktop so my son could play Armagetron with me, and it built fine and works well also.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yay! I meant to post a 'fix committed, please test' here, but forgot.