.4 dedicated server bugs.

Help test release candidates for the next release
Moofie
Core Dumper

.4 dedicated server bugs.

Post by Moofie »

I was playing around with .4 dedicated server and i found some bugs. Well mainly, the whole silencing thing, did not work with admins. When you silence an admin, you can talk, all it does is display a pretty fake silenced message. I don't know if this was intentional but I feel it may be better as a server command, if it was intentional. Also, when you make a poll to kick, it says Poll "No Info" vote on the menu on the console message, but on the menu it is correct. Thats all i've noticed so far, i'll update more if I find more.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re: .4 dedicated server bugs.

Post by dlh »

Players that have an elevated access level above or equal to ACCESS_LEVEL_SPAM are not subject to spam protection and silencing. This behavior and command aren't currently documented, so we will need to improve that. In your situation you want to set “ACCESS_LEVEL_SPAM 0".

I've seen the poll bug you described, but I don't know the cause.
Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

Although the rotation things are very cool (i haven't touched .3 so I haven't used them before). I was noticing, did you guys add a script parser built in? The commands such as start_script, restart_script, etc made me think so, if so it would be sweet, and if so how do i use it?
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

Start a script: SPAWN_SCRIPT <script>
Restart a script: "KILL_SCRIPT <script> and then SPAWN_SCRIPT <script>"
End a script: KILL_SCRIPT <script>
I hope

10:00 PM
03-23-13
Last edited by XD|VIPer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.