"Experience Recommended"

Help test release candidates for the next release
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: "Experience Recommended"

Post by Z-Man »

Flex: I've been thinking about the tag concept on and off, with automatic grouping etc. It's a whole different beast and won't be tackled for 0.4. Spam and obscenities are a much harder problem for tags than they are for server names.

Which version had FONT_SIZE_FACTOR? I don't remember anything about it.

Word: So even though you press all the keys as prompted, the center messages ("Press K, S, T, U or A to turn left!") don't go away? I could use a short recording of that. After you made that, try "INCLUDE uphillbothways.cfg".
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

well, now after I have this version for two weeks it is gone, but it was really annoying during the ladle (when I installed it again, after reinstalling Windows Vista) and didn't disappear when i changed the total play time thing. of course that's a somewhat exceptional situation and on any other day I probably wouldn't have noticed it.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Z-Man wrote:Which version had FONT_SIZE_FACTOR? I don't remember anything about it.
It was in version 0.3.x, as far as I'm aware. It was to control the size of the font, pretty much. Unless there is another way to control the size of the font?

Without this my fonts look too large.. Even the default one.
Z-Man wrote:Flex: I've been thinking about the tag concept on and off, with automatic grouping etc. It's a whole different beast and won't be tackled for 0.4. Spam and obscenities are a much harder problem for tags than they are for server names.
I think it's the best way to go. It doesn't have to necessarily be tags either, but it does allow much more things to be included.

What would be most useful is what game mode the server is running. Deathmatch, Team DM, Fortress, Sumo, Team Sumo, etc. You could limit it to what the master server recognizes or client understands. Another command for difficulty level, "hard, moderate, easy, beginner, etc". Much prefer these two things than "experience needed" stuff. So when a new install takes place, one doesn't need to mess around with the play times.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

For the menu font? No, not that I'd know. For the console font, there is good old CONSOLE_COLUMNS.