A Couple 0.4 Things

Help test release candidates for the next release
Post Reply
SoulOfSet
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:54 am
Contact:

A Couple 0.4 Things

Post by SoulOfSet »

I downloaded the 0.4 beta z1944_20111212. I only spent like 10 minutes with it but the first thing i tried to download was the win32.zip file and it did not contain any .dll files in it. Idk whether this was inentional or not but w/e. After downloading the .exe version and installing i was lookin around in the menus and the Wiki link takes you to the old wiki domain that was attacked. Also, some of the tutorials caused arma to hang and on one occasion crash. On a second attempt of loading them they worked. Not sure if this is arma or just my computer which is highly possible.

P.S. my trackpad broke today :(

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11426
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: A Couple 0.4 Things

Post by Z-Man »

SoulOfSet wrote:I downloaded the 0.4 beta z1944_20111212. I only spent like 10 minutes with it but the first thing i tried to download was the win32.zip file and it did not contain any .dll files in it. Idk whether this was inentional or not but w/e.
Intentional. As the README.TXT displayed at the bottom states, they are for ZeroInstall. If you know how, you can use them manually, but it's not worth it. They're also missing the data files, by the way. I'll see if I can hide them.
SoulOfSet wrote:After downloading the .exe version and installing i was lookin around in the menus and the Wiki link takes you to the old wiki domain that was attacked.
We're kind of hoping to get that back before the official release.
SoulOfSet wrote:Also, some of the tutorials caused arma to hang and on one occasion crash. On a second attempt of loading them they worked. Not sure if this is arma or just my computer which is highly possible.
That would be something we'd need to fix; do you have any details? Were the hangs just intermediate or did they take forever until you killed the program? What kind of FPS do you get normally?
Lastly, if you could catch such a freeze or crash in a debug recording ( http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php? ... _Recording ), that would really help.

Post Reply