0.2.8.3_rc4 available! Post bugs here.

Help test release candidates for the next release
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: 0.2.8.3_rc4 available! Post bugs here.

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:...or I'm just conflating it with GLTron...
The finish on glTron is practically instantaneous, which I think is a little too fast. But yeah, Arma's fast-finish used to be much quicker on earlier versions. I just checked RC4 against 0.2.8.1 and the difference is astounding. RC4 can hardly be called a "fast" finished especially compared to 0.2.8.1, which becomes full of carnage almost immediately. :twisted:
Z-Man wrote:I can easily speed that up.
So yeah, I'm probably one of the three people in the world who use fast-finish, but if it's an easy fix... could you? :)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sinewav wrote:So yeah, I'm probably one of the three people in the world who use fast-finish, but if it's an easy fix... could you? :)
Already done ;) You say it was faster earlier? I can't remember changing it, but I'll check.

Edit: Ah, as I suspected: the factor was still 1.01 previously, it's just that in 0.2.8.1, the change was done every frame, now it's just once per second. With the new factor of 1.1, it'll reach the maximum speed of 16x in 30 seconds. There isn't really a reason to let it take that long, apart from the extra speedup lag, which doesn't matter since everyone is dead. So I'll speed it up a little more.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Groovy. Only catch is sinewav made the MCP cycles smarter than the USER cycles, and I always play with the gold USER team. :x :P