0.2.8.3_rc1 available! Post bug reports here.

Help test release candidates for the next release
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

0.2.8.3_rc1 available! Post bug reports here.

Post by Z-Man »

Right. Plan: Unless new evidence pops up with the two main mystery bugs (the server 'freezes' and random server crashes), rc1 will be tagged as such this Friday when I get home, around 7pm GMT. Then, the usual build process starts. Looks like my mac builds are now working, so I'll just do them all, as usual.

Edit: all done. Details are three posts down.
Last edited by Z-Man on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 0.2.8.3_rc1: release process

Post by DDMJ »

[quote="Z-Man"]Looks like my mac builds are now working, so I'll just do them all, as usual.[/quote]
If they're not, I could try, or dlh, as usual.

EDIT: Why does BBCode keep randomly turning off?
Last edited by DDMJ on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Tagging is done, build in process. My wife is hogging the Mac and I'm already quite tired, so I'll probably upload the builds only tomorrow.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Builds are up on the usual places:
https://launchpad.net/armagetronad/0.2.8/0.2.8.3-rc1
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=673400
http://beta.armagetronad.net

Reminder: please take part in the download place preference poll here: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 43&start=0 It's a PITA to upload everything to all these places. One has to go.

Changes since beta3:

Code: Select all

- Chat prefix spam protection. Guards against prefix spam, such as when a
  user always changes their chat message color, or prefixes all messages
  with a clan tag. Toggle with the PREFIX_SPAM_ENABLE setting.
- Fixed VOTING_MATURITY to use the time when the player entered as its 
  reference time.
- Fixed single player highscore list not containing everyone.
- Fixed generation of duplicate names in highscore lists.
- Fixed camera crash when the grid is empty.
First person to ask about trunk features (map, cockpit, fonts, music) gets a telewedgie.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Re: 0.2.8.3_rc1 available! Post bug reports here.

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Thanks!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BUG: dir_wall.png disappears from loaded moviepack textures on camera change, angle change, player death. Reappears intermittently.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

A few things should be adjusted in the config files and one of the language files. These have been around for a little while, but I might as well post them now (they're minor).

*In .../config/examples/cvs_test/sumo_complete.cfg, add SP_MIN_PLAYERS 0 (so players can sumo by themselves and not have the AI ruin the rounds).
*In .../config/examples/teamsumo.cfg, add SP_MIN_PLAYERS 0 (same reason as above), change BUG_COLOR_OVERFLOW to 0 (this should never have been on, my mistake), add FORTRESS_CONQUEST_TIMEOUT 5 (so your zones collapses if you're the only team left inside of it (eliminates those old "zone-wars"))
*In .../language/english_base.txt, change gamestate_newround_console Go (round \1 of \2 )!\n to gamestate_newround_console Go (round \1 of \2)!\n (aka get rid of the extra unneeded space)

I know the 3rd one is very minor, but the first 2 are decently important.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Also, I have noticed engine.wav will occasionally sputter between rounds, and intro.wav will too if using a moviepack.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

DDMJ wrote:
  • In .../config/examples/cvs_test/sumo_complete.cfg, add SP_MIN_PLAYERS 0 (so players can sumo by themselves and not have the AI ruin the rounds).
  • In .../config/examples/teamsumo.cfg, add SP_MIN_PLAYERS 0 (same reason as above) [...] add FORTRESS_CONQUEST_TIMEOUT 5 (so your zones collapses if you're the only team left inside of it (eliminates those old "zone-wars"))
Won't the zones just disappear after FORTRESS_CONQUEST_TIMEOUT?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sinewav wrote:Also, I have noticed engine.wav will occasionally sputter between rounds, and intro.wav will too if using a moviepack.
Increase your sound buffer size. If we make it big enough to never stutter anywhere, it will lag everywhere. I'll check the other thing when I'm home. I don't usually use moviepacks.

DDMJ: you could increase the chances of it getting done by providing a patch. You're mainly battling against laziness and me not giving too much of a shit about the fine polish of the included sample configs (and in 0.3.2, bots will be able to sumo a bit, promise!)
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

[quote="dlh"][quote="DDMJ"][list][*]In .../config/examples/cvs_test/sumo_complete.cfg, add SP_MIN_PLAYERS 0 (so players can sumo by themselves and not have the AI ruin the rounds).
[*]In .../config/examples/teamsumo.cfg, add SP_MIN_PLAYERS 0 (same reason as above) [...] add FORTRESS_CONQUEST_TIMEOUT 5 (so your zones collapses if you're the only team left inside of it (eliminates those old "zone-wars"))[/list][/quote] Won't the zones just disappear after FORTRESS_CONQUEST_TIMEOUT?[/quote]
It'll only disappear if it's the last zone in that particular sumo section (of zones)...if that's what you're asking.

EDIT: BBCode bug again? Same with sinewav's post below me...
Last edited by DDMJ on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

[quote="Z-Man"]Increase your sound buffer size.[/quote]
It was already maxed out. I changed all the settings I could and nothing stopped the sound from hanging/stuttering.

I'm not really thrilled with how the game speeds up and slows down to compensate for lag. Can I turn that off?

EDIT: BBcode bug I think DDMJ. I can't get that quote to work.
Last edited by sinewav on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sinewav wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Increase your sound buffer size.
It was already maxed out. I changed all the settings I could and nothing stopped the sound from hanging/stuttering.
Hmm, maybe a superhigh setting or turning off sounds between rounds may be in order, then. The stuttering happens while the screen is black, right?
sinewav wrote:I'm not really thrilled with how the game speeds up and slows down to compensate for lag. Can I turn that off?
Yes, try setting LAG_CREDIT_SINGLE to 0. That stops the client from listening to 'you're lagging, do somehting!' messages from the server. Or you can proactively make your game run a little ahead by setting LAG_OFFSET_CLIENT to a small positive value. Both settings are nonpersistent, you have to set them in your autoexec.cfg or settings_custom.cfg to have them active all of the time.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

[quote="Z-Man"]The stuttering happens while the screen is black, right?[/quote]
Just before it turns black. At the very last second of the round, the screen freezes for a moment, the sound stutters, then it goes black.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

sinewav wrote:BUG: dir_wall.png disappears from loaded moviepack textures on camera change, angle change, player death. Reappears intermittently.
I'm completely unable to reproduce that and have no idea what could be causing it. Perhaps it's the specific moviepack you're using? Can you post it, together with a debug recording and your settings?

The sound stuttering should be fixed; sound is simply turned off between rounds.