0.2.8.3_beta3 available!

Help test release candidates for the next release

Which of the three download services to you like most?

SourceForge
No votes
AABeta
75%
Launchpad
25%

Total votes: 4

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: 0.2.8.3_beta3 available!

Post by Z-Man »

The plan was to just declare the next version rc1 (reminds me: start thread), that usually increases the adoption level a bit. That won't help us get the serverside recordings, though.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

er, bugfarm elimination sumo runs alpha....
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yes, but an always reasonably recent one. Post-beta3 right now. If there was a problem in beta3 and nobody accidentally fixed it, it will affect Bugfarm.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

ok, well get some ppl playing in it, when i went in, only three players went. it will usually take 6-10 people to attract this 'freezing' bug.

Also, I just caught another problem that many players experience that use the beta3 CLIENT.

When playing, when you are suppose to die because rubber is gone, it ignores that and speeds you up. Almost like cheating for you. It helps you get passed close tunnels without dying sometimes and other things.

Maybe you can see what's going on in my client side recording.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Bump.

Was this ever looked into? I feel like z-man may have missed my above post :/
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yes, indeed, I missed that post.
-=VcL.Rajinn wrote:When playing, when you are suppose to die because rubber is gone, it ignores that and speeds you up. Almost like cheating for you. It helps you get passed close tunnels without dying sometimes and other things.
That's precisely what happens and is intended behavior :) IMHO, it's the job of the client to cheat as much as it can get away with. If it wouldn't do that, modified clients that do would get spread. In this case, if you turn after your rubber ran out, the client will backdate your turn to the point when it ran out. The server will then apply the usual lag spike tolerance to the turn and accept the backdating, provided you didn't overdo it. Of course, you'll slide a bit and you're still out of rubber, so it isn't too much help.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Ok cool :) Sounds non accidental now :P
JSM

Post by JSM »

Z-Man wrote: Oh yeah, if anyone feels like helping with the French and Spanish translations, they are a tad out of date and your contribution would be appreciated.
I know i might be *cough* a little *cough* late ...
but... I speak spanish :]
Translating english to spanish or spanish to english might be difficult
but i can help, so if you ever need help with translation. look me up :]
email: [email protected]
email me cuz i'm not that active on these forums lol. (i think you can see that :P)