What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...

"Built-In" Avatars

Yes! I want to chose from a database of Avatars!
23%
It doesn't matter, I'd upload my own anyway!
72%
I don't care, I don't use avatars!
5%

Total votes: 60

Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Rightnow it's set up so you can upload an avatar, and will always be that way. The question is, should I get some "built-in" avatars?
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

avatars might be alright maybe various common bike colors would be cool in case no one has any cool avatars in their own computer
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Kindof like my avatar? (But different as I like the originality of my avatar ;)) Also, to get it in different colors means probably always different angels... I'll see what I can get for these (when I get around to doing them.)
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

I already have many many cool screenshots of various "regulars" bikes but tehn need to be reduced tey are way over 32 ks
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

To get mine I put my resolution @ 320x200 and bound F12 to screen shot (in miss menu). It gave me the SSs as BMPs and then I just chopped some of in Paint and Saved As PNG format, b/c jpg looked like shit, and so did gif. Because of the low, low, res, they look pretty good as avatars, they were gnererated that way, so they aren't messedup be resizing.
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

unfortunately my mac wont let you do screenshots through teh game so ive had to do it externally with a program called grabit. they are great pics but they are al 50+ks i could probly crop and save tehm as other files or use my iphoto to bind them to lower than 32
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Really? The mac version won't do SSs? That sucks. But still, I would recomend taking them in Low Res as they will probably look better because the "Armagetron Engine" will have generated them that way, as opposed to resizing randomly removing possibly crucial pixels... But still... What ever works, we can compare the quality...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

rudeboy, the mac version does do screenshots. its bound to f2 on my comp. it places the bmp inside the armagetron app. so after u take a screenshot, right click on the app and do "show package contents", then go to the resources folder and they should be there.
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

ill take your word for it im just gonna keep using grabit though
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I used XnView to get my screenshot at 1024x768 res., crop it, and resize it. It came out pretty good as a jpeg, but the program can save as dam near any image file out there. I think it took me 3 min. to make my avatar with XnView.

As for making generic avatars, it would be easy to change bike colors and capture a shot in a local game.
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

pre-built avatars? ppphhht...

http://randypalmer.com/tron/_avatars.htm
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

locutus, this was like the 9th topic on the whole forums, you just weren't here at the time with your grate avatars.
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

DOH! my bad...
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

:D Thanks to seluecus, I now have my avatar. Since I don't have a photoshop equivelant on my linux desktop, I will change it in a while but this is what I have and I am really happy. 8)
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Speedracer, what distro? All the ones I have tried have come with gimp, which does a lot of cool things. (I made the Armagetron Forums logo with it)