constant logging out

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

constant logging out

Post by aP|Nelg »

These forums are having some sort of issue. In fact, I had to disable cookies for this site just to get a sid in the url so I could actually post. I keep getting logged out, either way, but it seems I can refresh the page with cookies disabled and I will magically be logged in.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: constant logging out

Post by sinewav »

This has been going on for weeks. Hopefully someone can fix it.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Still happening, and it seems cookies aren't actually part of the issue? Don't know, but if I keep refreshing sometimes I'm logged in and sometimes I'm logged out. Very strange.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

I haven't had this issue at all, but I always use the "remember me" thing which makes your cookies' expiration dates a year, so maybe that would help ya out?
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I've had this issue too for quite a while. Not happening at the moment though. I suspect foul play...could be wrong though :P
Playing since December 2006
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Monkey wrote:I've had this issue too for quite a while. Not happening at the moment though. I suspect foul play...could be wrong though :P
True, the site is only in http, after all...

CloudFlare could be doing something funny to the site also
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

I had the issue until I chose to remember me. Then it changed to my theme and kept me logged in. Everything Arma seems to be dying anyhow. Including the maintenance of this site.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phew, I just had to log in almost a dozen times just to post this. I hope someone figures out the problem. That's wishful thinking, I know. I imagine Tank Program is the only one who can look into it and, well, he doesn't exactly login to this site more than once every couple years...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Phew, I just had to log in almost a dozen times just to post this. I hope someone figures out the problem. That's wishful thinking, I know. I imagine Tank Program is the only one who can look into it and, well, he doesn't exactly login to this site more than once every couple years...
Yeah. As far as I know he's the only one with access to the server, database, code, and logs. We could always create a new forum and promote it in-game, though I don't really play enough to provide any sort of promotion. Also, any Google searched (for a while) and old players that end up here are gonna be sort of lost, or just assume we've died completely.

Try using the "remember me" option. I always use it and have not noticed this issue, and echo.bot above said it worked for him as well. Not quite a fix, but the only advice I got for the time being ..

If you want to make sure it's not client-sided, you can modify your cookie / session expiration dates to not expire for a year or however long. You could also make sure HttpOnly flag is set so that in case any JS is killing you, it may be prevented. If you're in Chrome, "EditThisCookie" is a plugin that will help you accomplish it. I know Firefox has plugins for it as well, but don't know it off the top of my head.

Good luck.