Too long; didn't read

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Durf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:09 pm

I actually wrote the spoiler code on vertrex.org too xD.
This is based on the same concept, and if you guys would prefer he bbcode to be "spoiler" instead of "tldr", that can be done; I figured "tldr" was more relevant to these forums, and a shorter tag. (the spoiler bbcode does the same thing, this is just like a different name to it)

@kyle: Check out the "helpline". It is intended for you to introduce the tag first (though not required, you can just put text before and after the bbcode to say what you want).
@blondie: same thing, couldn't you just title it yourself within the post? (example: click here for ____: <button/bbcode goes here with hidden content>)
@both ^: I figured that the bbcode without a specific title option allows the choice to not have one, or add one in yourself manually (beside the bbcode as opposed to inside of it).

Though, if you really wanted some kind of alternative to be forced by the bbcode, anything is possible:
-->This fiddle<-- shows 4 examples: the original example posted, an inline example, and 2 examples of how this could be made with a title (bottom right section labelled "result").
There are also the same examples (underneath, just scroll down) with filler/fake post content to show you how it might look like alongside your post.

Note: if you specifically wanted an option like a custom title within the bbcode itself, the bbcode would have to change (the examples show the change):

Code: Select all

[tldr="{SIMPLETEXT}"]{TEXT}[/tdlr]
This would count as 1 bbcode by itself, and the following code would not work unless you created a SECOND bbcode rule for a tldr tag without a title

Code: Select all

[tldr]{TEXT}[/tldr]
So if you wanted to give users the option of having a custom title or not, both rules would have to be created.
(this is why I didn't bother with a title option, I just thought the simpler option would be more universal - only one bbcode to add in)


The idea is there, and your feedback can refine it into the exact bbcode you want added in; the more specific you can be about how you want it, the better.
I hope the examples provided show the potential this bbcode has, and the options you as a community have in creating this new bbcode.

Did I get what you were after with one of the examples? Perhaps a combination of some?
I suppose what I'm saying is, assuming that this will be added at some point, now is the time to say anything you need to say (comments / suggestions / criticism) before it's too late (though it could still be edited at any time, so I guess it's never too late, but it's relevant now and might not be later on to suggest improvements).

User avatar
Ratchet
Match Winner
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Ratchet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:13 pm

It's perhaps worth noting that our superiors are considering a new website altogether. This would deem adding new features to the present forum potentially a waste of time (but only if we switch forums as well).
Image
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Durf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Assuming the new website has forums (and bbcode), this should work anyway (it may need some adjustment for a new system).
Whether it's phpBB, or SMF, or proboards, or IPboard, they all have some kind of support for BBcode, none of which has "spoiler" by default (afaik - perhaps some "premium" versions do).

But that's only a concern if they are moving away from phpBB or any other widely used bulletin board system.
New website or not, chances are this modification will still be requested in the end - if it was perhaps too early to suggest then we could wait (however long that would take) or we don't have to care since adding it in like less than a 5 minute job. Doing it twice isn't going to kill anyone.
Even if it was added in now, only to be a waste, it's only a 5 min waste; much less than the time users are complaining about when they mention having to sift through my posts.
Seems like the smart thing to do if you ask me:
Low cost, low risk, high reward for the users who need it, indifference for the users who don't. Overall, it pays off.

If there will no longer be a website with forums that support bbcode, then you're right, this is pointless. Fairly certain that there will still be forums in the end though.

User avatar
Ratchet
Match Winner
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Ratchet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Doing it twice isn't going to kill anyone.
Several users would argue that summarizing posts (a concept taught in elementary reading classes) wouldn't kill anyone either. Fortunately, this forum has survived 15? years without a spoiler. Imagine that :D
Image
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Lucifer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 pm

We could use a like button, so i can like the shit out of Ratchet's post.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Durf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 am

Ratchet wrote:
Doing it twice isn't going to kill anyone.
Several users would argue that summarizing posts (a concept taught in elementary reading classes) wouldn't kill anyone either. Fortunately, this forum has survived 15? years without a spoiler. Imagine that :D
The bbcode serves more purpose than just to summarize posts (try to be a little more open minded would you?)

Now consider all the requests and complaints made to me because of the length of my posts.
Consider that I may be INCAPABLE of appealing to those requests. I've already tried to write differently, but it's still not good enough for the likes of you.
Consider that people are going to complain anyway (probably even after the bbcode is added).

Saying that the forums survived for 15 years without a spoiler bbcode is like saying "saving the world? the world doesn't need saving because even after all life dies out, that chunk of floating rock will still be there, just fine without us". In the end, this is about improvement. (you save the world to improve it according to what you think is best - not just to preserve that floating chunk of rock)
If you seriously think that a 5 minute job to add more functionality is not worth it, even if it becomes a 10 minute job because it has to be done twice, then you're going to have to explain that one to me again because I just can't see what you see. (justifying yourself with "just make your posts shorter" doesn't make a valid argument since the bbcode itself can be used for MORE than just that, AND even if it was for just that purpose - you wouldn't have a reason to complain about my post length anymore, so seriously what is your problem with it? Note: with "IT", not with "me".)

Did you forget that I created the bbcode so no one else had to?
Did you ignore how this is an appeal to those requests / complaints about my posts' length? (seriously, I try to appeal to what you want and you still manage to have a problem with it - why do you even matter anymore).

You see that I'm trying to do something about the complaints, and you complain some more; you're being an ass (especially because you think something like many points being made can be "summarized" into a single point / sentence; it raises to question if you even read posts you deem to be too long because clearly you think you could have wrote them better)

This thread should have been simple enough to understand, yet you haters can't just let go of your emotions.
Talk about the bbcode and why it's a bad/good idea. Only then will you do something to PROGRESS the topic.
Be smart about this (I shouldn't have to remind you not to make an idiot of yourself).





@Lucifer, that would require database modifications (or at the very least, a storage text file to go with) and style modifications (such as new HTML and javascript in the "lackarma2" template system).
But I find it amazing how you can be this against a very simple idea that actually has benefits simply because I wrote it.

User avatar
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Tank Program » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:43 pm

I'd be willing to put in a spoiler tag. It's on my to do list.
Image

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Durf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:54 am

Tank Program wrote:I'd be willing to put in a spoiler tag. It's on my to do list.
^ probably means nows the time to decide on any customization or anything specific you (the community) might want from it.
Not to say that we can't change it at some point later, but it's better to do things the way you want from the start (to avoid more work later).

Seeing as how it's on his todo list, I suggest people take a look at the fiddle I made (same as the one that was linked before) to see the different possibilities and comment on what they'd prefer.

That way, when Tank Program gets around to it; he will be prepared to meet your expectations.

User avatar
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.
Contact:

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Phytotron » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 am

Lucifer wrote:We could use a like button, so i can like the shit out of Ratchet's post.
No, please, for the love of god or no gods or anything else, please, never ever add a "like" or "[+/-]1" type crap to this forum.


I don't really see the point in [spoiler] tags, either. Where I've seen them in use—aside from places where they're used to actually hide actual spoilers—they're mostly used as a gimmick for people to put stupid shit in. As for the "tldr" argument, if you need a "tldr," either as a writer or a reader, you need to change how you write (be more concise) and/or read (learn to friggin' read, you low-attention-span nits!), not lazily fall back on some forum device.

User avatar
blondie
Core Dumper
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by blondie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 am

nah, it's completely reasonable that not everything is for everyone to read. Spoiler tags allow for a detailed, long form discussion to go on in the very same threads that a concise, for-everyone-to-read discussion is happening.

When you write something in a post, the implicit expectation is that people posting in that same thread have read it, unless they state otherwise. There's nothing wrong or bad about giving posters the option to put text in a place that doesn't have that expectation attached to it. A reason we resent posters like Durf is the assumed expectation that we should read everything they post.

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Lucifer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:35 am

blondie wrote:nah, it's completely reasonable that not everything is for everyone to read. Spoiler tags allow for a detailed, long form discussion to go on in the very same threads that a concise, for-everyone-to-read discussion is happening.

When you write something in a post, the implicit expectation is that people posting in that same thread have read it, unless they state otherwise. There's nothing wrong or bad about giving posters the option to put text in a place that doesn't have that expectation attached to it. A reason we resent posters like Durf is the assumed expectation that we should read everything they post.
Just so we're clear: Spoiler tags exist so that nobody gives away the ending, or important plot points, for stories.

Spoiler tags don't apply to non-fiction writing. :)

If posters like Durf want to be able to levy the expectation that people will read their posts, then they need to write posts that people want to read.

I don't care if it's only a five minute hack on these forums, it's a waste of time. Durf and other posters like him will grow as a person if they learn how to write shorter posts while still retaining the meaning of their longer posts.

Let's be completely honest: the purpose of this thread is so Durf can continue writing 6000 word posts and bitching and nagging at people to read them. Here's the proof that he won't actually use this feature:
Durf wrote: (this isn't for the intention of allowing a person who SHOULD look at the details / evidence / explanations to excuse themselves from it)
If Durf thinks YOU need to read it, he won't use his own tl-dr tag. He'll just write it.

The best answer to the problem Durf's trying to address is already here on these forums, it's called your "Foe List". If you put someone on that list, their posts will be kept from you. However, you will still see that they have posted. Should you see someone responding to the post in a way that indicates you should read what was kept from you, there's a convenient link to click on that will open it for you.

Durf doesn't want you to do that, of course, he doesn't believe he's anybody's foe. He's the savior, after all.

But this whole suggestion is just more cruft, more things that make updating/upgrading the forums harder, and for no good reason.

Cue Durf's really long really convoluted post about hating Lucifer.

Hey Durf, in honor of the fact that Leonard Nimoy died today, can you just, for once, not use such bullshit convoluted logic, strawmen, and all the other logical fallacies you commit every single time you post?
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Durf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:33 am

I don't understand why certain people are having a hard time understanding this. blondie got it, why can't the rest of you?




@Phytotron:
Phytotron wrote:I don't really see the point in [spoiler] tags, either. Where I've seen them in use—aside from places where they're used to actually hide actual spoilers—they're mostly used as a gimmick for people to put stupid shit in. As for the "tldr" argument, if you need a "tldr," either as a writer or a reader, you need to change how you write (be more concise) and/or read (learn to friggin' read, you low-attention-span nits!), not lazily fall back on some forum device.
Actually what I was suggesting was not meant for JUST spoilers (that is a very specific context).
You're right, spoiler tags are used as a gimmick to add in stupid shit (sometimes). To be fair, that does happen (just as any post has the potential to have stupid shit in it).
Though apparently I didn't explain myself concisely enough for you:
- In the case of the context I provided, I would be using the bbcode to shorten the length of my post significantly, simply because of how I respond to people directly. This means that my post would basically look like:

Code: Select all

@Phytotron: [show/hide button]
@Lucifer: [show/hide button]
@otherPerson: [show/hide button]
And that is only one of many contexts possible - the bbcode itself is very versatile and doesn't HAVE TO be only for spoilers (or stupid shit).
Another context (that I've actually coded for another forums website) is an 18+ / nsfw bbcode; in which users were allowed to share questionable content but the button would prompt the user and force them to say they are 18+ or it wouldn't show the content - it includes a disclaimer to say "you hereby take all responsibility for anything you might be offended at" that the user agrees to before seeing the content. It solved a lot of problems.

That being said, what I will be hiding in my posts is just more detailed information. Consider an essay; it has a thesis. One could use it to leave the thesis visible, and the essay hidden. The users that are unable to "read (learn to friggin' read, you low-attention-span nits!)", will appreciate this kind of reduction in post size.
This was literally an answer to those people who couldn't tell the difference between something that should be summarized, and something that CAN'T be summarized (because it isn't the same message at that point - info is missing).
I can assure you that I wasn't "lazily" falling back on this (I wrote the darn code - I went out of my way to NOT be lazy and to give people options).

But, if you can do a good job in summarizing this very post for me - show me how I could have written it better while still retaining all the information - then by all means, I will LEARN something and be able to write differently. You can't expect me to learn if you can't teach.










. . . . . . . PLEASE READ THIS SMALL SECTION . . . . . .
@everyone: If you're going to be "tl;dr" or otherwise complain or just think this is stupid shit based on the length of the response - then so be it; you needn't post a response to tell me to drop anything because nothing needs to be dropped. The following is just a response to what Lucifer said, simple. You can say he's baiting me - I don't care. Either you want to read what's being said, or my post ends right here for you.
. . . . . . . THAT IS ALL . . . . . .









@Lucifer: First I'd like to say that you need to get over your obsessions and attempts to perpetuate an environment of negativity around my posts; that is flaming.
JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR: refer to my response to Phytotron to make yourself aware of other uses for a very versatile bbcode - this isn't just for "spoilers". The function of the code defines it's purpose = to hide content until chosen to be revealed. Simple. Thinking that it's just for movie/tv/book/etc spoilers is limiting yourself and your capability (open your mind).
If posters like Durf want to be able to levy the expectation that people will read their posts, then they need to write posts that people want to read.
Too bad that's not the case. The fact remains that anyone can simply choose not to read my posts - what they don't realize is that they take the responsibility of that choice (it's like someone who chooses not to go to college to get a degree, then complains when they can't get a job because of it - it was their choice to begin with).
The thing is, I can even write the most unappealing post in the world and nothing would change, that fact will always remain true. If you don't know what I've said, you aren't credible enough to post like you do.
Now, this doesn't mean that I'm intentionally writing posts that are unappealing to certain people - but I've explained myself clearly on why exactly this bbcode would help everyone (including those users inclined to feeling repulsed by my posts). If a user doesn't want to read my post because I happen to disagree with them - tough luck.
I don't care if it's only a five minute hack on these forums, it's a waste of time. Durf and other posters like him will grow as a person if they learn how to write shorter posts while still retaining the meaning of their longer posts.
Funny how it doesn't matter what you think anymore since it's on Tank's todo list. And yet you still try to..do what exactly?
This response is an example of a post that could have easily been shortened by not addressing everything you've said; you try to excuse yourself from it by saying that I just can't learn to write shorter posts - then learn not to write a plethora of bullshit points you're trying to make and I won't disprove each one.
Another way to put it: you have a problem with the bbcode, and yet you can't explain SIMPLY why it's a bad idea - you yourself took too many words and you made too many points - each one instigating a response.
Like I said to Phytotron - use my post (this one) as an example. Take everything I've said, and summarize it so that it is shorter while still retaining its meaning.
If you can do that, I can actually LEARN what it is I need to do when writing my posts. I'm here willing to learn - are you willing to teach? If not, then stop complaining.


This next part is why your post is just flaming:
Let's be completely honest: the purpose of this thread is so Durf can continue writing 6000 word posts and bitching and nagging at people to read them. Here's the proof that he won't actually use this feature:
Why is it that you must harass me? I get that you dislike me, but there was no reason for you to start adding flaming posts to this thread. I created this thread FOR THE COMMUNITY - but next time I'll be sure to just ignore the complaints and make no attempt to appeal to their concerns (that's what you'd prefer out of me, right?).
This isn't so I can continue writing long posts - and I'm not bitching and nagging at people to read them. I can't tell if you purposely misread what I'm saying or if you're just that delusional. People can read my posts if they want - if they choose not to, they don't have the credibility to post as if they know what I've said - simple. If you still don't understand this and think I'm "bitching and nagging" at people, then you should at least be able to understand how that "bitching and nagging" would be significantly lessened with this new bbcode (there's literally more reason for you to be for it than against it at this point - by your own reasoning).

Durf wrote:(this isn't for the intention of allowing a person who SHOULD look at the details / evidence / explanations to excuse themselves from it)
If Durf thinks YOU need to read it, he won't use his own tl-dr tag. He'll just write it.
The part that you quoted me on is in reference to when my content is hidden. So you're wrong about assuming that I would just write it (outside the bbcode). Specifically the part you quoted me on was saying that if a section is hidden, say it contains evidence for a claim I've made, then everyone has the choice to ignore that evidence and just pay attention to the claim, EXCEPT to the people who that claim matter to (basically the people that would go and say "prove it" and the people the claim is made of) would still be required to read it all (again, only for their credibility and understanding of what's going on).

The best answer to the problem Durf's trying to address is already here on these forums, it's called your "Foe List". If you put someone on that list, their posts will be kept from you. However, you will still see that they have posted. Should you see someone responding to the post in a way that indicates you should read what was kept from you, there's a convenient link to click on that will open it for you.
This is a fairly decent solution, but it doesn't help the people that WANT to read and respond to what I say but still complain about the length - not everyone is like you, not everyone will be so quick to add me to their foe list (though people can if they want), and not everyone has the same problem / with me specifically.
Let me explain again WHAT "the problem" is that I'm trying to solve:
- users complain about my posts
- sometimes not 100% of the post content is directed to those specific users, or sometimes detailed information is not wanted by some readers
- users can benefit from an ability to hide sections of their content from readers until they choose to show it
- this bbcode addresses the complaints, AS WELL AS add additional functionality that can be used by EVERYONE (for any reason or problem)
This solution isn't limited to a single person, and if anything your suggestion is exactly what Phytotron is describing: "lazily fall back on some forum device."
I agree, to whom it applies, that the foe list is a solution to the problem - but the bbcode solution reaches a larger audience and addresses more problems with one solution.

Durf doesn't want you to do that, of course, he doesn't believe he's anybody's foe. He's the savior, after all.
Please, stop making assumptions about me. Is that so hard to do? I shouldn't have to ask a moderator this many times. Please. This is harassment.

But this whole suggestion is just more cruft, more things that make updating/upgrading the forums harder, and for no good reason.
^ Now this one made me laugh. It doesn't make updating/upgrading harder - and suggesting it is for no good reason is only an attempt to devalue my post / thread / suggestion without any real basis or reasoning (further harassment because you're just saying that this is for no good reason, without any actual reason to back that up). But hey, if you can code something better, let's see it. At the very least, you can suggest how it can be improved; but "cruft"? Stop being a flamer (because you show no capability for logical thought even though you've claimed to have "studied" logic - stop trying to devalue what I say with such flaming posts).





. . . . . .(for those who are reading this far, that aren't Lucifer - the following is even more "tl;dr" for you, please don't go "omg Durf" and just ignore it - I'm not allowed to PM Lucifer about this stuff anyway so it will be in public either way. Either you WANT to read this, or you can just ignore it - there is nothing of value in the rest of my post except a response to what Lucifer said; that being said..). . . . . .




Cue Durf's really long really convoluted post about hating Lucifer.

Hey Durf, in honor of the fact that Leonard Nimoy died today, can you just, for once, not use such bullshit convoluted logic, strawmen, and all the other logical fallacies you commit every single time you post?
Again what was said was:
such bullshit convoluted logic, strawmen, and all the other logical fallacies
And what did you say earlier?
Just so we're clear: Spoiler tags exist so that nobody gives away the ending, or important plot points, for stories.

Spoiler tags don't apply to non-fiction writing. :)
When I explained the many, many uses - you limit yourself and your thinking and try to limit everyone else on these forums. Why?
If posters like Durf want to be able to levy the expectation ...
Because that was logical for you to say >_> never have I ever made it a requirement for any regular user to read what I say. What logic did you use to come to that conclusion?
it's only a five minute hack on these forums, it's a waste of time.
Spending 5mins now, to save everyone 5mins later (and increasingly more and more time saved by not having to read or even scroll as much) is logical? I mean, you're the one that studied logic - can you teach me how that makes sense?
while still retaining the meaning of their longer posts
It is illogical to think that a long post is automatically capable of being summarized - sometimes many points have to be made and if even if each one was jotted down as an incomplete sentence to be as short as possible while still retaining the meaning, it doesn't guarantee the post length will be short.
the purpose of this thread is so Durf can continue writing 6000 word posts and bitching and nagging at people to read them
Assuming that you purposely misinterpreted the purpose of the thread, how is it logical to be this flaming? Assuming you are incapable of understanding the purpose of the thread, why is it logical to post without knowing what you're talking about?
Here's the proof that he won't actually use this feature
I don't even need to explain how there's no logic in this; it was done so earlier in this post.
<insert 3 quotes here for blatant illogical assumptions - this is to keep this post short> You sure you wanna talk about logical fallacies?
more things that make updating/upgrading the forums harder
You have no clue. Again, how is it logical to talk about something you know nothing about?
Cue Durf's really long really convoluted post about hating Lucifer.
If you had some understanding of the type of response you were going to get, how is it logical to say things like "they need to write posts that people want to read" and "posters like him will grow as a person if they learn how to write shorter posts"? Are you merely trying to instigate longer posts by spewing lots of bullshit in the hopes that I address it all simply so that you can perpetuate an environment of hate towards me, using my post length as an excuse? If you aren't, then you've taken some very illogical actions. If you are, then this is moderator oppression - manipulating public opinion to generate hate for the person that you dislike only because you were proven to be abusive (sorry you expected me to be some schmuck that wouldn't be able to do that - but that's not my problem) - and if you are doing that specifically, why are you (a moderator) permitted to be this flaming?

...so what was that about:
bullshit convoluted logic, strawmen, and all the other logical fallacies
I mean, were you trying to be funny or ironic by doing the very thing you're asking me not to? Because if you're serious, you're asking to have your status revoked - your post is just blatant mistreatment without reason.

Also, if this is already on Tank's todo list, how is it logical to even make arguments against it anymore? Hm? Perhaps I missed a few lessons when "studying" logic, but I know for a fact that what you posted is illogical.

You can go ahead and say that you knew I would post a response like this - I would say that this appears to be obvious bait; posting something this hilariously self-contradictory and overall ignorant can be considered a troll attempt. To which I remind you that I respond to all bait; I take it on only to to be disappointed in the shallow intellect of the troll.

Wanna try making your post again?
Try not being flaming.
Try to add value to what you say by adding reasoning to it (reasoning within the realm of reality, not like your "proof" attempt).
Try actually being logical yourself before you try to use words because you think you'll sound smart.
Try showing everyone how you can be an example forum user, instead of the instigator of posts like these (like people have been ASKING you to be).
You don't have to try anything (there's not really anything more to be discussed on IF it will be added - but there is still room for HOW [details on how it functions exactly] ) but you can if you want - I only suggest you keep it within acceptable and expected limits.

Had another "illogical" gif - but I found this to be more amusing.
Attachments
spock-vs-kirk.gif
spock-vs-kirk.gif (747.21 KiB) Viewed 910 times

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Lucifer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:46 am

My point is made.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by Durf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:03 am

You can go ahead and say that you knew I would post a response like this - I would say that this appears to be obvious bait; posting something this hilariously self-contradictory and overall ignorant can be considered a troll attempt. To which I remind you that I respond to all bait; I take it on only to to be disappointed in the shallow intellect of the troll.
LOL
You proved mine.

User avatar
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago-ish

Re: Too long; didn't read

Post by /dev/null » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 am

Code: Select all
[spoiler]{TEXT}[/spoiler]

Code: Select all
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle"><b>Spoiler:</b> <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT}</div></div></div>

Post Reply