bots?

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Re: bots?

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

This can be done a variety of ways. Someone please tell me who this is http://forums3.armagetronad.net/memberl ... rofile&u=1
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

FFIIXXIITT wrote:I just caught Baidu [Spider] on the forum and was wondering what the deal is with it. Is this a bot like google's or something different?
People in China can read English as well, especially the younger folks. It's practically a requirement for anything, even if it never gets used. So of course the number one Chinese search engine will crawl English websites.
FFIIXXIITT wrote:This can be done a variety of ways. Someone please tell me who this is http://forums3.armagetronad.net/memberl ... rofile&u=1
I'm sure someone (not FFIIXXIITT) has asked this before. I imagine I gave the same answer then as I'll give now. It was the temporary admin account phpBB sets up during installation. Something like that.
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

Ah so how do I hack it?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

You don't - it ain't there anymore.
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

Come on you can't have the most secure phpbb forum on the web. There is a laundry list of exploits and holes through which a sneaky hacker might find... ah who am I kidding there isn't anything here worth hacking for. What is two camels?