Why am I wrong and is Phyto right?

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Why am I wrong and is Phyto right?

Post by INW »

Here are mine and Phytotron's replies in sequential order.
INW wrote:Real football/soccer is full of panzies faking their injuries...
Phytotron wrote:Comments by...INW are...ignorant and abjectly idiotic.
INW wrote:That wasn't necessary.
Phytotron wrote:...Your comments displayed an astounding, willful ignorance of the respective games—and, by extension, players and fans thereof—each of you bashed. Further, you both couched it in chauvinism (which may refer, as is its original meaning, to nations and cultures, not only gender), sexism, and juvenile machoism. All of the above are clear examples of abject idiocy.

It was your combined comments, in point of fact, that were uncalled for and unnecessary.

Now, go pester someone else, boy. And not on this forum.
INW wrote:No matter what someone says about something, responding with disrespect is pestering, yourself.
You're the one pestering.
Phytotron wrote:Boy, your initial comment was disrespectful, which is typical of you. Are you really this stupid and incapable of reflection? Or are you just playing more games? It's one or the other. Either way, stop it. You're young, but your act has gotten old. Go play with your blocks.
INW wrote:It isn't mine but your acts that have gotten old. I simply reply to a topic; it is your inability to refrain from clicking on that cute little link next to my post titled 'quote' that starts everything.

Stop.
Phytotron wrote:Either irrational stupidity or hypocritical pot/kettle games.
Tank Program wrote:The escalation INW afterwards, is most definitely not. OK I won't bring out the banhammer yet, but I'm sorely tempted. Consider yourself warned.
From the text shown above, I can only see through my narrow mind that Phytotron is the one escalating. Just take 20 seconds to read the quotes. Look at his replies, look at mine. Is he not escalating himself Tank?

Let me break it down for you shall I?

Here are my replies:
INW wrote:-That wasn't necessary.
-No matter what someone says about something, responding with disrespect is pestering, yourself.
You're the one pestering.
-It isn't mine but your acts that have gotten old. I simply reply to a topic; it is your inability to refrain from clicking on that cute little link next to my post titled 'quote' that starts everything.
Stop.
Now here are his replies:
Phytotron wrote:-Comments by...INW are...ignorant and abjectly idiotic.
-...Your comments displayed an astounding, willful ignorance of the respective games—and, by extension, players and fans thereof—each of you bashed. Further, you both couched it in chauvinism (which may refer, as is its original meaning, to nations and cultures, not only gender), sexism, and juvenile machoism. All of the above are clear examples of abject idiocy.

It was your combined comments, in point of fact, that were uncalled for and unnecessary.

Now, go pester someone else, boy. And not on this forum.
-Boy, your initial comment was disrespectful, which is typical of you. Are you really this stupid and incapable of reflection? Or are you just playing more games? It's one or the other. Either way, stop it. You're young, but your act has gotten old. Go play with your blocks.
-Either irrational stupidity or hypocritical pot/kettle games.
I think you have it all wrong. Phytotron is escalating, not me.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: What sport is Football? And Hockey?

Post by Phytotron »

INW wrote:I know you are, but what am I?! I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!
Or like the little kid who grabs his sibling's arm, slaps himself with it, then cries, "mommy, he slapped me!"

Grow up, give it a rest, find something else to entertain yourself.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Re: Why am I wrong and is Phyto right?

Post by Tank Program »

See INW, I did read that. There's just a small issue. Let me start by translating that first line of text of yours.
INW wrote:Real tron* is full of panzies ripping the grid/double binding/dog fighting/playing high rubber...
Or if we skip the Tron metaphor.
INW wrote:Real America* is full of panzies sitting on their fat asses eating potatoe chips...
Or maybe something like this.
INW wrote:Real janitor work* is full of panzies who are dumb schticks...
*Disclaimer: I don't much mind about Tron gameplay style (except ripping, that's annoying). I'm also American and I have a high respect for janitors.

Do you see why someone who pays attention to what the reads might be offended? While the rest of us might let it pass, Phyto was I think in this case holding you to a higher moral standard. I think his first response simply skipped explaining the issue because it might have turned out like this. (Also because the rest of us should be able to recognize what's going on.)

You protest his response, because you haven't caught on. So he goes and explains it properly. At that point I don't disagree, because it makes sense to me. It might be a bit exaggerated and blown out of proportion, but each of us draws the line somewhere. He uses a satirical remark to help drive the point home to the rest of us, which you've taken as an offensive remark against yourself.

Then it escalates further. Look. Sure your responses taken by themselves are fine, but that's completely without context. Same as how Phyto's responses without context look bad. But that doesn't excuse the context.

Does this explain things for you?
John Doe

Post by John Doe »

I agree with Tank, he explain it well (with good examples too), acccept that INW, dont start a topic with abuse, especially to the most loved sport / sport with the biggest fan in the planet. Accept it, "real" Football/Soccer World Cup is the BIGGEST event in this planet.
Peace.. :)
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Isn't the olympics the biggest event?? It has most countries playing numerous sports, not one. Ahem (your statement was clearly "european" biased). Another thing, how do you know you have the biggest fan? I think sumo wrestlers got you there.

Edit: Saying "real" as an adjective is just provoking Americans (not that I care). In other thread I thought it stated soccer/footbal should be regarded as European soccer. Oh wait.. Maybe you didn't read the other thread. Two posts :/ (doubtful).
Last edited by Mkay1 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INW

Post by INW »

John Doe wrote:I agree with Tank, he explain it well (with good examples too), acccept that INW, dont start a topic with abuse, especially to the most loved sport / sport with the biggest fan in the planet. Accept it, "real" Football/Soccer World Cup is the BIGGEST event in this planet.
Peace.. :)
I didn't start the topic...Tank Program split the post and created a different topic himself...

I see how Pyto explains what my original posts "could mean" in the first post or so but he goes too far. He goes from describing my description of soccer to directly insulting me. He doesn't even know me. How can you insult me like that? [You] can tell me that my post was false and ignorant without insulting me...I guess Phyto didn't learn that in school. If he is offended then flat out say, "That isn't very nice to say INW, I feel offended." Instead, he decides to reply by directly insulting me to the point where no one remembers the first post.

But ya know, I am the new guy here, I am just an adjunct to this forum.

P.S. You must analyze words, or sentences, out of context to find their real meaning in context.
You must understand the definition of a word before finding its real meaning in a sentence.
INW

Post by INW »

Mkay1 wrote:Ahem (your statement was clearly "european" biased).
I would disagree. He seems to be a soccer player/fan himself and was using the "correct" wording of "real" football. You don;t have to be European to like soccer. And looking at stats, soccer and the world cup is the biggest event in the world.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

your initial statement, inw, was clearly provocative
and phyto targets statements and/or the people who issue them

the bullet was meant for you, inw
not the statement
so when you asked for more detail
you got it

phyto is a sniper
and he's got good at it
but don't worry
it's a toy gun
hold the line
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

well every post that Phyto makes leaves bunch of negativity :(
he's one of those people that annoy everybody, he will start a fight about everything he can but in the end make it look like he never does anything wrong :P
but every community has the trolls, the noobs, the averagies, the coolies and a phyto :D

so what im trying to say here is...

<3 Phytotron
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

You still haven't caught on INW. I get the feeling you're redirecting the issue. You've only ever addressed what Phyto has said to you, but never you initial statement. I think Phyto had it right - anything he said was going to be refuted by you, so why bother? This just makes me argh. If you persist in this it will be a ban.