There was a day where..

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
Mecca
Match Winner

Re: There was a day where..

Post by Mecca »

100% false, Phytotron. Like many others, I would like the forums to end up the same way they were when I joined in 2003.

I am not trolling by staying on topic, I am trying to make the forums a better place! For whatever reason, I seem to get attacked when I try to do so. The random screenshots thread didn't start to go downhill until you started complaining about Liz and I staying on topic, other people have posted commenting on screenshots, and posting their own, I don't see how it's a troll.

Regardless of how much you think I am snickering in the shadows with Liz or whatever, I am trying to help turn these forums around.

Generate positive discussion, attack me in PMs, or get off these forums. Seriously dude...

Every time I generate positive discussion, someone comes in with "You and you crew are trolling!!!!" and then the topic turns to a flamewar...

I AM NOT TROLLING!

THIS IS TROLLING!:

/troll

Lets evolve, people...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I can't find a good way to say what I want to say here. "Replying is half way to trolling" attempts to say it though. (I'm guilty myself by posting this.)
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

'don't feed the trolls'?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Tazmania wrote:and a mod told mecca that he's "really pushing it" just for posting a funny pic that he himself thought was funny.
There's still a difference between relevant random screenshots and pointless boring screenshots, and Mecca was moving towards the point where there was no longer any doubt his screenshots were, for the larger part, pointless. Spam is spam, there is no such thing as a spam topic. Just because I concur that a worthy random screenshot can be anything, not anything is a worthy random screenshot to post. And I opted for a warning in form of a post because it wasn't only a warning to Mecca.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I forgot to mention, posting a screenshot which deliberately included the forum note that I'm on his ignored list (here), then responding to my posts (and digging up one to do so).

Don't be so foolish or gullible as to believe a word Mecca says, or a sentiment he expresses.

And now he has his little klan-buddy Taz posting here (with new "one of the nicest people in tron" sig—again, right in your faces), talking down to people to use PM's to air their grievances? Really?
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

Which goes back to my original post, Z-man. You say that, but do you think that the mods are fair? I mean, I can point out things that people have posted on this topic that is straight flaming. Also, referring to that screenshots thread, people have posted images that aren't even tron related screenshots, but you're not sending out multiple warnings to them. No offense, but if you have something against somebody, you should just state it.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Taz: why the **** aren't you using pm?

If you are this 'model citizen'(and so nice, stated by your sig), shouldn't you listen to your own advice and be pming this to the mod's?

*hidden agenda's are great*
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

It's on topic Mkay, it's not like I'm holding personal grievances toward Zman.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

TaZ: With the flaming, you're talking about the hole discussion, right? Well, that is a topic that highly matters and people naturally care a lot about. It is natural that things get heated. That's why I personally didn't interfere there. The random screenshot thread, however, is completely irrelevant and it's completely unacceptable if it descends into flame hell. That's why EVERYONE involved got warned, and Liz got banned for being, at the most benign interpretation, completely insensitive to the trouble she was causing repeatedly. Of course, she had to continue with a new ID and proxies anyway.
And no, I have no special hatred for anyone here.

Mkay: I personally prefer it if some issues are discussed here, the PMs can get quite annoying.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

viewing this thread took some 15mins...
an interesting insight by zman
that he was pruning the developers section of the forum
why not promote a moderator for a specific section
eg
concord for the competition section

seems to me
the forum structure lends itself to this kind of problem since it is mostly linear...
and
most of the disagreement/argument is personal
and we should be taking this out on the grid rather than on a forum...

wrt the later
if we had more events on the grid
we'd have less time to waste on puerile public tantrums :)
hold the line
Hi.dTp
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Hi.dTp »

btw Z-Man, alucarD is not Liz, its Lawliet, someone told me you thought they were the same person
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

epsy wrote:..threads going off-topic would be split
..flame would be shut
..not every thread would turn into a flamewar
..people felt like posting their opinion freely
..there wasn't a new drama thread every week
..these forums were moderated
Going back on topic......
It seems the opposite of most of these have been, at some point, expressed in this one topic....way to go guys!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Oh? Well, just like you, the account popped up right after Liz was banned and continued her 'work', so whatever the details, I will still assume that there is association between the two. Whether you use technical or social means to circumvent a ban does not matter one bit.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Z-Man wrote:Oh? Well, just like you, the account popped up right after Liz was banned and continued her 'work', so whatever the details, I will still assume that there is association between the two. Whether you use technical or social means to circumvent a ban does not matter one bit.
Are you talking about the accounts Alacard and Liz's aliases? If so, those 2 people are totally different and dont even like each other lulz. Btw....is there anyway to change your account name on the forums here or do you have to make an entire new account?
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

I do understand Z-man, but going back to that screenshots thread, I posted a bug that I thought was interesting but immediately got flamed for it because of my "belligerence". It's acceptable for people to flame me while I'm staying on topic? Even in this thread, I'm getting attacked, but what could be done about it?