Spam report

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Spam report

Post by dlh »

A general thread to report spam that Tank missed…

http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopi ... 898#204898
http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=19017

This too? http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopi ... ht=#199974

A google search for the second and third thread author shows that he goes to forums and asks really basic general questions, in which he usually includes his forums link.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Sometimes it's really hard to tell. Susanspy has been left because there's nothing in her post that really constitutes spam. PW shall be deleted.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Tank Program wrote:...there's nothing in her post that really constitutes spam.
I agree, somewhat. I guess it depends on how you define spam.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

It is difficult to tell sometimes. The first posts looks to me like a place-holder, which the author will later edit and add a link to.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Potentially, but until it happens...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re:

Post by dlh »

I was searching for an old topic and I stumbled upon this…
dlh wrote:It is difficult to tell sometimes. The first posts looks to me like a place-holder, which the author will later edit and add a link to.
Attachments
And now it's spam.
And now it's spam.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Spam report

Post by sinewav »

Is there a way to generate a list of users with <n posts? I was on another board the other say and the admin simply deleted all the users with one or two posts. That might not work here since we have a couple people who actually post one useful thing then disappear.
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kinda Slow »

sinewav wrote:Is there a way to generate a list of users with <n posts? I was on another board the other say and the admin simply deleted all the users with one or two posts.
I think this would be a bad idea here. Some people have registered here for the sole purpose of using their forum authentication when they play.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Is there a way to generate a list of users with <n posts? I was on another board the other say and the admin simply deleted all the users with one or two posts. That might not work here since we have a couple people who actually post one useful thing then disappear.
That would remove 6,273 of 7,643 users registered here.
Kinda Slow wrote:I think this would be a bad idea here. Some people have registered here for the sole purpose of using their forum authentication when they play.
This was my first thought as well. I think it would be a terrible idea.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Yeah, I'm stupid. I completely forgot about authentication. Though it would be really cool is 6,000 more people were using those GiDs instead of every player here having 5+ smurf accounts.

I don't think spam is real problem yet. This forum sees quite a lot of activity and we catch a lot, thus dlh's post. I think this is more like dlh pointing out "oh hey, I called it!" which is pretty cool. amirite? :)