HUD display wont show up?

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
aeralure
On Lightcycle Grid

HUD display wont show up?

Post by aeralure »

Just installed for Mac OSX and playing a few games local before going online. Really enjoying it.

One slight issue though: no matter what I do I cant seem to get the HUD to display. Its ON in the options and I am playing single player on a local machine. Something I am missing? Is there a HUD toggle command?

Many thanks!
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re: HUD display wont show up?

Post by dlh »

aeralure wrote:Just installed for Mac OSX and playing a few games local before going online. Really enjoying it.

One slight issue though: no matter what I do I cant seem to get the HUD to display. Its ON in the options and I am playing single player on a local machine. Something I am missing? Is there a HUD toggle command?

Many thanks!
What version of the game are you running?

Try:

1) Bring up the console (I think it is bound to `by default, you can set it in System Setup -> Misc -> Global Keyboard Configuration if it is not)
2) enter "show_hud 1"

That should enable the HUD.
aeralure
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: HUD display wont show up?

Post by aeralure »

nemostultae wrote:What version of the game are you running?

Thanks for the reply. I've got the HUD visible, but no HUD map. I thought I saw a HUD map on a screenshot somewhere (grid map with walls etc located as an overlay on the lower right of the screen)? I cant seem to bring anything like that up. If there isnt one, I guess that would explain why I can't. :P

Thanks again!
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

The HUD map and newer gauges will only be available once 0.3.0 development snapshots will be released.

That means 0.2.8.1 or 0.2.8.2 don't have a map yet, but there will probably be a alpha of 0.3.0 soon.