External cam help

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Punish
On Lightcycle Grid

External cam help

Post by Punish »

Can the external cam setup be replicated through custom cam configs? I'd like to modify my external cam but cant so I'd like to do it through a custom cam setup
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Re: External cam help

Post by syllabear »

What exactly are you aiming for? A camera that follows you but has a top-down approach, or a free-cam?
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Punish wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:11 pmCan the external cam setup be replicated through custom cam configs?
Not exactly. You can set CAMERA_CUSTOM_TURN_SPEED 0, but the orientation will not be the same as External Cam, which might mess you up. You can manually change the angle of the camera by settings key binds to Look Left/Right in Camera Controls, but that would only get you part of the way there and would be annoying to constantly set every match.

If you're having camera issues, you might as well give it a shot. I made some very minor tweaks to the default custom cam and it's helped me a lot. Sometimes a little goes a long way!
Punish
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Punish »

I'm trying to slightly alter the external cam. I just wasnt sure if external cam is just a preset of custom cam configurations or something totally unachievable through custom cam
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I only know of these three settings for the External cam:

Code: Select all

CAMERA_FOLLOW_START_X	Start position of the fixed external camera	-30
CAMERA_FOLLOW_START_Y	Start position of the fixed external camera	-30
CAMERA_FOLLOW_START_Z	Start position of the fixed external camera	 80
So, basically you can zoom in a little, but that's about it. If there are other hacks for the external cam I don't know about them.