i found an odd bug in 0.2.9-sty+ct+ap_alpha_z2990

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Galaxip
Core Dumper

i found an odd bug in 0.2.9-sty+ct+ap_alpha_z2990

Post by Galaxip »

ive just downloaded 0.2.9-sty+ct+ap_alpha_z2990 and upgraded my servers and noticed an odd bug

while in my maze racer easy server ive noticed now and then when the map is rendered that some of the deathzones in the map ( around 1/4 of them ) are being spawned twice , you can see two zones one on top of the other with the segments displaced from each other

pings go up when this happens because of the increased number of zones

when a new round starts they are rendered normally with the correct number of zones

something odd going on here

my raspberry pi doesnt handle too many zones well so i would really like to fix this problem

it never happened in the previous build 0.2.9-sty+ct that i was using although in that build i once saw a map render without any zones ! ,the next round it was back to normal

thanks

oh yeah this was the build i downloaded
https://code.launchpad.net/~armagetrona ... -sty+ct+ap
Image Image Image Image
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Re: i found an odd bug in 0.2.9-sty+ct+ap_alpha_z2990

Post by aP|Nelg »

It's related to using delay_commands/spawn_zone rather than having the zones directly on the map. The map loads twice the first round including the settings, meaning DELAY_COMMANDS are done twice. I had made some changes for that already as it used to always load twice every round.

For the VERY simplest workaround, you can add DELAY_COMMAND_CLEAR as the top setting on the map (note that the value property apparently must contain something such as a space else the setting doesn't load)
Galaxip
Core Dumper

Post by Galaxip »

aP|Nelg wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 am It's related to using delay_commands/spawn_zone rather than having the zones directly on the map. The map loads twice the first round including the settings, meaning DELAY_COMMANDS are done twice. I had made some changes for that already as it used to always load twice every round.

For the VERY simplest workaround, you can add DELAY_COMMAND_CLEAR as the top setting on the map (note that the value property apparently must contain something such as a space else the setting doesn't load)
i'll update my maze generator to include delay_command_clear and see what happens

thanks nelg
Image Image Image Image
Galaxip
Core Dumper

Post by Galaxip »

so far it seems to be working thanks
Image Image Image Image