Bike color help

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Punish
On Lightcycle Grid

Bike color help

Post by Punish »

Is there any way to force your cycle's color to something else in a team match that only you can perceive? Say I'm on team "Blue" with Blue cycles, but I want to force my cycle to be the default color that I normally use from my perspective... but everyone else still perceives my cycle as blue. Some team colors are unpleasant to my eyes lol

Galaxip
Core Dumper

Re: Bike color help

Post by Galaxip »

i havent seen a command to do this but i could be wrong

its should be possible to make a very tiny mod to the client code to ignore the team recolor

i will have a look at the source code see where the recolor is located and add a command to enable/disable it

im not sure if it will affect the other clients or will just show on your own screen until I try it
Image Image Image
randomly changing stuff in your code until it works is "hacky" and "bad coding practice"
do it fast enough and its "machine learning"

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The cycle color is determined on the server and transmitted to the clients. You have to find the spot where it is read (gCycle::ReadSync or gCycleMovement::ReadSync or, more likely, the constructor taking nMessage as input) and intercept and override it there for local players.

Galaxip
Core Dumper

Post by Galaxip »

thanks z-man
Image Image Image
randomly changing stuff in your code until it works is "hacky" and "bad coding practice"

Galaxip
Core Dumper

Post by Galaxip »

armagetron code is confusing
i havent worked it out yet, still trying to find where its set
Image Image Image