opening .aarec files with steam build

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
garlic

opening .aarec files with steam build

Post by garlic »

just got into tron and found some old recordings of past tourneys which I would like to watch. I have the game installed thru steam and am not sure how to open the .aarec recordings? is it possible with this build?

thanks!!
garlic
You're just not thinking with jet-walls.

-garlic-
garlic

Re: opening .aarec files with steam build

Post by garlic »

semi-resolved - I used the command line (windows) to run the game using the --playback modifier and specifying the filename/directory of the recording, which worked. the file association/autorun feature seems to be broken on the steam build

-garlic-
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Thanks for bringing this up. I added two issues that should enable the Steam client to automatically open those recordings:
https://gitlab.com/armagetronad/armaget ... /issues/38
https://gitlab.com/armagetronad/armaget ... /issues/37

What you have to keep in mind, though, is that these are debug recordings that usually break between versions. Or operating systems, processors and compiler versions used. Most recordings out there are done on 0.2.8.3.x versions. Most play back fine on 0.2.9, but definitely will break on 0.4.
garlic

Post by garlic »

thanks for your attention on this! I didn't know those recordings were so touchy on versions. I guess i'll stick with the "official" steam release instead of monkeying with a 0.4 standalone for unrelated server hosting capabilities. :D

-garlic-