Screenshot Issues on 0.2.8.3.4 Client

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Screenshot Issues on 0.2.8.3.4 Client

Post by Titanoboa »

When I try to use the in-game screenshot feature, they come out like this:

screenshot_26.png

Here's my screen settings in Windows 10 (they actually recommend enlarging by 300% D:)

Screenshot_393.png
(Apologies for the Swedish. It says Scale & layout; Change the size for text, apps and other objects; Screen resolution; (recommended).)
Under advanced settings, the "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" setting is On. I've tried toggling this with no difference in the screenshot department.

Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

I think that's all the possibly relevant information, but just ask if you need more info.

In-game screenshots work flawlessly on 0.4.

This isn't a top priority issue by any means for me personally, just thought it could be interesting and could be affecting other people as well.
Galaxip
Core Dumper

Re: Screenshot Issues on 0.2.8.3.4 Client

Post by Galaxip »

you're not the only one having this issue

ive seen this problem first in 0.2.8.3.1 client although it may have been there in previous versions

sometimes I get a good screenshot but mostly i get a bad one exactly like your images

I dont think the gpu makes a difference, I had nvidia before and now im using intel hd graphics and I still have the same issue

it looks like the horizonal pixel count is off when creating the png but i've never looked into the code for the problem
Image Image Image Image
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That looks like the bug Jonathan gave us a patch for ca. 2013, essentially we use the wrong in memory line width. It's fixed on legacy_0.2.8 and master, but not 0.2.8.3.x, as that only gets security fixes now. You can avoid it by switching to one of the builds labeled 'alpha', the latest from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/armage ... pha_r1450/
(I'm working on new ones!)
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Brilliant! It works. :D