Problems compiling 0.2.8-armagetronad-sty+ct server

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Anon

Problems compiling 0.2.8-armagetronad-sty+ct server

Post by Anon »

I'm grabbing the code from here: lp:~armagetronad-ct/armagetronad/0.2.8-armagetronad-sty+ct

During make install, it shows this error while trying to run the binary.

Code: Select all

Error: Error in tString GeneratePrefix() in tools/tDirectories.cpp:1360 :
        Relocation error. The binary was supposed to be installed into /home/aa/bin and found itself in  and could not find out what this means for the prefix /home/aa.

[0] Warning in void FindConfigurationPath() in tools/tDirectories.cpp:1449 :
        [0] Could not determine path to configuration files. Using defaults or command line arguments.
[0]
Internal Error: Internal error in static tLanguage* tLanguage::FindStrict(const tString&) in tools/tLocale.cpp:152 :
        Language British English not found.
Please send a Bug report!
Please advise, thanks
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Problems compiling 0.2.8-armagetronad-sty+ct server

Post by Z-Man »

What system is this on, precisely?

As a workaround, you can try disabling binreloc here by passing "--disable-binreloc" to configure.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I'm on Debian 4.19.37-5+deb10u1 (2019-07-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'll try your suggestion and report back
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Huh, what do you know? Apparently, it's a general problem now. Binreloc stopped working for me, too (Manjaro, which is basically arch). I just never noticed because I always start the game without relying on executable path resolution, and then binreloc is not needed. Well, that was bound to happen sometime. Binreloc came with autopackage and that died (looking it up) ten years ago. Blimey. As a quick fix, I'll have it assume that the binary is installed where it was supposed to in the failure case.

Edit: I don't think --disable-binreloc would work, but starting the server giving it the full path on the command line should, so for you

$ ~/bin/armagetronad-dedicated
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Should be fixed in the main source now. Binreloc just reads /proc/self/maps, which contains a list of memory segments belonging to the current process and which file they belong to, and the bit in memory it looks for moved from one type of segment to a new kind.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Thank you! I don't see the changes on launchpad though, can you link me the repo where I can get the code?
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Anon wrote:Thank you! I don't see the changes on launchpad though, can you link me the repo where I can get the code?
Since nobody has merged the changes into the sty+ct branch on launchpad, you can try merging changes from the 0.2.8 mainline into your local copy of sty+ct. You can run

bzr merge lp:armagetronad/0.2.8
within the 0.2.8-armagetronad-sty+ct directory. There's no guarantee that it will work that easily with every branch of tron, but it appeared to successfully work for me on sty+ct.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Thank you Nelg, that worked