CAMERA_VISIBILITY_* family of settings

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

CAMERA_VISIBILITY_* family of settings

Post by sinewav »

Can someone explain the CAMERA_VISIBILITY_* family of settings?

The rim walls in v0.4 do not drop fast enough and sometimes obscure my cycle. I don't remember this happening in v0.2. Will this family of settings change the behavior?

:) Thanks!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: CAMERA_VISIBILITY_* family of settings

Post by Z-Man »

I must have taken such good drugs when I wrote that that I don't even remember which ones...

I guess the setting you want to increase is CAMERA_VISIBILITY_EXTENSION. This determines how far ahead of your cycle the point is that the wall lowering tries to make visible. If there is settings trouble at all. There also seems to be a order-of-execution-bug that makes the lowered wall not as low as it should be (and flicker on top of that). To the bug tracker!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote:and flicker on top of that
I've noticed that flicker, but it's only a mild annoyance. There is a similar flicker where it looks like the Rim draws over itself (Screenshot attached).

The CAMERA_VISIBILITY_EXTENSION is a multiplier of time? Ok. I doubled it, the doubled it again and the Rim still caused problems, then set it to "10" and it seems Ok for now. I will keep looking for inconsistencies.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Have a good weekend.
Attachments
Screenshot at 2019-05-02 20-06-02.png
Set CAMERA_VISIBILITY_EXTENSION to "4"
Set CAMERA_VISIBILITY_EXTENSION to "4"
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Problem persists regardless of value, will keep the Rim lowered until there is a fix. Possibly related to my need to use SDL1 instead of SDL2? Though I seem to remember this bug on a previous install and I think I used SDL2 then. Can't remember. Oh well!