OS X Sierra & libprotobuf

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

OS X Sierra & libprotobuf

Post by Light »

Where is protobuf expected to be found? The configure script doesn't appear to be finding it, and I have a suspicion it's expecting to find it in /usr/lib rather than /usr/local/lib, but I can't seem to get into recovery to change the permissions for /usr/lib, so I can't add symlinks or anything there.

Any ideas?
Monkey
Match Winner

Re: OS X Sierra & libprotobuf

Post by Monkey »

I'm possibly having similar issues on OpenBSD for what it's worth; getting lots of protobuf errors on compile.
Playing since December 2006
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Monkey wrote:I seem to be having similar issues on OpenBSD for what it's worth; getting lots of protobuf errors on compile.
I know a while back I had to copy my protobuf files around to make it work properly in Linux, but that hasn't been an issue for quite some time for me. This is my first time attempting to really do anything on Mac though, and I'm partially lost. If the terminal wasn't basically bash, I'd never get around. lol At least they give me something familiar to get on with.

When you installed libprotobuf, did you do it manually with the google package linked to in the configure script, or did you install it from repos? The repo versions have never worked for me for this game. Also, if you have to install the google protobuf package, make sure you uninstall the current libprotobuf first.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Light wrote:When you installed libprotobuf, did you do it manually with the google package linked to in the configure script, or did you install it from repos?
Repos.
Light wrote:The repo versions have never worked for me for this game.
They must have been working for me up until fairly recently because I haven't knowingly changed anything where libprotobuf is concerned.
Playing since December 2006