help me!!!!

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
petertohen

help me!!!!

Post by petertohen »

In a previous forum I had looked at was a Random Color Bike Script. I copied the code into the file. These were the instructions;
in the armagetronad source directory, go under src/engine and edit ePlayer.cpp
and look for this:

void ePlayerNetID::WriteSync(nMessage &m){
lastSync=tSysTimeFloat();
nNetObject::WriteSync(m);
m.Write(r);
m.Write(g);
m.Write(b);

Change the above few lines to look like this:
void ePlayerNetID::WriteSync(nMessage &m){
lastSync=tSysTimeFloat();
nNetObject::WriteSync(m);

int bb=1+(int) (31.0*rand()/(RAND_MAX+1.0));
int rr=1+(int) (31.0*rand()/(RAND_MAX+1.0));
int gg=1+(int) (31.0*rand()/(RAND_MAX+1.0));
m.Write(rr);
m.Write(gg);
m.Write(bb);

I did that and then I'm lost here. I downloaded a program called CodeBlocks to help me out. The person said "Recompile and your car and tail will change colors every round. Also there is no way to turn it off yet, but someone could code a patch to easily do so." And I tried to compile it but I am doing something wrong. I open the ePlayer.cpp file on the Code Blocks program and it said Those files in the src/engine source directory could not not be found.

Can anyone help me out? I think this is a cool color code and I want to learn how to do it :D

Thanks,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/armagetronad/
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: help me!!!!

Post by Word »

"/console player_random_color 1" is what you would type in normal game chat (change the 1 to a 0 in order to turn it off), without the quotes. Don't know about the C++ code and all that...whoever gave you these tips seems to be pretty clueless himself, since that effort is totally unnecessary.

The randomizer used to be a bit buggy and had to be re-activated after a certain amount of time, I'm not sure if that has been fixed by now. If you plan to use that command on a regular basis, I recommend you use an instant chat slot for it in the player menu.