my server has issues :(

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

my server has issues :(

Post by stephanietubesocks »

server showing as unreachable in master server list

im not sure whats going on, no settings have been changed, checked the port forwarding on router and ip addresses etc, everything checks out

can connect to server but have some issues

heres a log (trimmed)

Welcome LoveBug! This server is running version 0.2.8.3.4.

You are number 16 of 28 on the ladder, number 30 of 234 on the won multiplayer matches list, number 13 of 577 on the won multiplayer rounds list and number 2 of 100 on the single player highscores.

LoveBug entered the game.
Login failed, reason: Server address mismatch, 82.35.48.132:4534 (sent by client) != *.*.*.*:* (our address). Pharming suspected. If you are connecting from the LAN and get this error, either set "TRUST_LAN" on the server (only if your LAN can be fully trusted, of course) or use "SERVER_IP" to make the local IP known to the server.
Deleting grid...
Logging out...
Done!

so basically i can enter by local lan game and by master server (saying unreachable) but cannot authenticate

this has just happened and ive looked at everything i can think of and found no solution

guys do you have any idea ?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: my server has issues :(

Post by Z-Man »

The authentication error happens when your server can't talk to any of the masters, which would tell it its own IP so it can compare it to what the client thinks it is connected to. And not talking to the masters also makes your server disappear from the master lists. The first thing to do would be to restart the server and post the bits of the log where it tries to communicate with the masters here.

idle musings follow
My logs say that my one master has started to loose contact with your server shortly before your post:

Code: Select all

[2017/07/29 03:39:36] [0] Starting to lose contact with server: 82.35.48.132:4534, name "The CLASSIC Submarine UK"
The timestamp is GMT.
Once that "Starting to lose contact" happens, the server is no longer passed on to clients.

I too can connect fine. Maybe the server entered turtle mode (grep the log for that)? That's what it does when it's under attack, and if it's bad enough, it stops answering to pings, which is what the masters use to check whether a server is still responding.

Interesting aside: I checked my home run master server on the raspi, and for some reason, our router had decided last week that it would be a good idea to change the outside visible ports for it... only a router restart fixed that. Hmm.
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: my server has issues :(

Post by stephanietubesocks »

thanks z-man

i went through the logical stuff but no so good

need to check the logs and will post here soon

server has been under attack since i refused some asshole that said "give me admin or else"

my isp is currently checking whats going on and said they will give use the sonic screwdriver :)

brb

[edit] lol my posts are funny when im drunk :lol: