Cross Building (Protobuf)

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Cross Building (Protobuf)

Post by Light »

I'm assuming my issue is with protobuf, but I can't seem to get it. I tried the package provided in Ubuntu 15.10, which I know has often failed. I went and grabbed from git, installed it to /usr and same failure. Again with /usr/local (default location) with the same failure once again. Below is my last attempt with it in /usr/local.

It has been some times since I had to set this up, but if I remember correctly, there was an .so file I needed to symlink somewhere?

Build attempt is for Windows, cross building from Linux.

// Edit: I should mention that the winlibs protobuf source and bin file exist in the proper location. Pretty sure without that it would have failed much sooner? Guess I could be wrong.

Code: Select all

..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTVN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEEEEE[__ZTVN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEEEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTVN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEEE[__ZTVN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTVN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorISt9bad_allocEEEE[__ZTVN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorISt9bad_allocEEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEEEEE[__ZTSN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEEEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEEE[__ZTSN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorISt9bad_allocEEEE[__ZTSN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorISt9bad_allocEEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEEE[__ZTSN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEEE]' has different size
..\..\..\winlibs\win32\boost_libs\libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_53.a(thread.o): duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEE[__ZTSN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEE]' has different size
..\..\build\tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\src\engine\eEventNotification.o:eEventNotification.cpp:(.text+0x209): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::internal::kEmptyString'
..\..\build\tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\src\engine\eEventNotification.o:eEventNotification.cpp:(.text+0x230): undefined reference to `google::protobuf::internal::kEmptyString'
C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: ..\..\build\tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\src\engine\eEventNotification.o: bad reloc address 0x1 in section `.text$_ZNK16nProtoBufMessageIN6Engine17EventNotificationEE20DoAccessWorkProtoBufEv[__ZNK16nProtoBufMessageIN6Engine17EventNotificationEE20DoAccessWorkProtoBufEv]'
C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Invalid operation
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (10 minute(s), 15 second(s))
3 error(s), 32 warning(s) (10 minute(s), 15 second(s))
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__wsopen_s : pmode 0x81b6 ignored
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x110000 0 0x81fc0c 4
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x16e1000 0 0x81fc0c 4
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x2c4000 0 0x81fc0c 4
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Cross Building (Protobuf)

Post by Lucifer »

Are you absolutely certain ld isn't trying to link to linux .so files?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Light

Post by Light »

Lucifer wrote:Are you absolutely certain ld isn't trying to link to linux .so files?
I don't know, but I was assuming it ended up using both. I'm not sure that really makes sense thinking back on it, but I was thinking the last time I set this up I needed to copy a .so file somewhere to make it work, though I can't remember if that was for the Windows client or Linux client. It does show the path to the winlibs protobuf source earlier in the build, but maybe I need to look a little more into that. I'll put out my log below.

Once I get this builder working again, I have it set up to not break. My goal is to make it work on my server, but I'll worry about that after I get it going again.

Bleh .. Apparently I can't have a 427,984 character post. lol I'm attaching it, which is hopefully okay.
Attachments
buildlog.txt
(417.82 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Another likely point of failure would me a mismatch between your mingw version and the version the winlibs binaries were built with. The mismatching symbols the linker complains about look like templates two compilers don't agree on. The right compiler version is in the lib name, I can't remember which one of the two.
Light

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Another likely point of failure would me a mismatch between your mingw version and the version the winlibs binaries were built with. The mismatching symbols the linker complains about look like templates two compilers don't agree on. The right compiler version is in the lib name, I can't remember which one of the two.
That could be an idea. I'll see about rebuilding them tonight.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

So it would still be an ABI mismatch? ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden