Authentication Issue

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Post Reply
User avatar
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am
Contact:

Authentication Issue

Post by stephanietubesocks »

Hi, just installed my server and setup authentication ([email protected])

When I login I seem to have to wait until the start of the next round before the server asks for my password, then I have to wait until the start of the following round before im logged in as admin

Is there a way to have instant login ?

Thanks

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by Light »

You need to install ZThread. Then, of course, reconfigure and build your server.

User avatar
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by stephanietubesocks »

oh I was hoping it was just a command i was missing, thanks

I will have a go at rebuilding :D

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by Light »

Here's what you need for it in case you're on a Debian-based distro. It comes with the added step of changing the config file.

Code: Select all

# Download & Extract
wget https://lightron.org/resource/ZThread-2.3.2.tar.gz
tar xvzf ZThread-2.3.2.tar.gz

# Enter Dir
cd ZThread-2.3.2

# Fix Config File
CONFIG=$(cat configure | sed 's/\[:space:\]/[[:space:]]/g')
echo "${CONFIG}" > configure

# Configure ZThread
./configure CXXFLAGS="-fpermissive" --prefix=/usr/

# Build & Install
make
sudo make install

User avatar
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by stephanietubesocks »

thanks for the info

i was lazy and wanted to get the server online quickly so i didnt compile the source yet, i went for the apt-get install armagetronad-dedicated

for now i'll just wait out the 1 - 2 rounds for authentication but i will try the compile at some point when i get some free time

thanks again

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by Light »

stephanietubesocks wrote:thanks for the info

i was lazy and wanted to get the server online quickly so i didnt compile the source yet, i went for the apt-get install armagetronad-dedicated

for now i'll just wait out the 1 - 2 rounds for authentication but i will try the compile at some point when i get some free time

thanks again
I'm pretty sure you're missing out on a lot then. Something would be the sty/ct settings for things like sumo and fortress zones, CTF physics, and more. Then there's scripting that can add a ton to your game. If you end up grabbing an 0.4 server, you can have a bit of the sty/ct stuff, such as scripts, along with an added bonus of things like different shape zones. Then there's a more spun-off copy of sty/ct going by sty/ct/ap with additional features for scripting and racing servers.

Just a few examples of the benefit of grabbing a better copy of the server and compiling it yourself. More than just the authentication stuff. :P

User avatar
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by stephanietubesocks »

i had some bad exdperience with builds above 0.2..... 0.3 was a nightnare i will look into 0.4 but if its anything like 0.3 i'll stick with what ive got

if its that bad i could always paste the new stuff into 0.2.8.3.x and compile that (predicting headache)

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by aP|Nelg »

stephanietubesocks wrote:i had some bad exdperience with builds above 0.2..... 0.3 was a nightnare i will look into 0.4 but if its anything like 0.3 i'll stick with what ive got

if its that bad i could always paste the new stuff into 0.2.8.3.x and compile that (predicting headache)
I didnt have problems with 0.4 as an server

User avatar
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by stephanietubesocks »

got the 0.2.8xxx ctf+sty build + zthread etc compiled on a test computer without issues

testing multiple server config with screens and its great

more stuff to do before i duplicate this on my server box

thanks guys

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by aP|Nelg »

stephanietubesocks wrote:got the 0.2.8xxx ctf+sty build + zthread etc compiled on a test computer without issues

testing multiple server config with screens and its great

more stuff to do before i duplicate this on my server box

thanks guys
Note that your killing everyone by ID [configuration files] (probably) doesn't work in sty+ct - but sty+ct+ap has a KILL_ALL function
EDIT: I sound like a walking advertisement now... :lol:

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by Light »

aP|Nelg wrote:Note that your killing everyone by ID [configuration files] (probably) doesn't work in sty+ct - but sty+ct+ap has a KILL_ALL function
EDIT: I sound like a walking advertisement now... :lol:
In sty+ct I've always just used a script for it. Before using a script, you could do /admin kill 1, /admin kill 2 etc. and get it, but that wasn't perfect by any means. So, you're right, but adding it to a script is little to no effort if all of your servers have a use for a script to track players on the grid anyways. :P

User avatar
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 am
Contact:

Re: Authentication Issue

Post by stephanietubesocks »

yeah once im done with the configs i'll remove the include killplayers.cfg and use kill_all

thanks

Post Reply