Server won't show on the master list

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Server won't show on the master list

Post by ConVicT »

My server won't show on the master list and I've ran out of ideas.

This began to happen yesterday when I stopped my server to fix a bit of my script (turns out I broke the script, so I just re-replaced it with the one from before I broke it). When I booted my server back up, it stayed on for 2 rounds and then became unreachable. I thought maybe it just crashed, but nope, it won't even appear on the master list now.

I know it is there somehow, somewhere. I can send commands to it and stuff and it answers.
As I said, I'm all out of ideas. Any help or some troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.s. I also have {omg}HighRubberEU running on it, and it's the only one that will show.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Server won't show on the master list

Post by Lucifer »

Can you connect to it using custom connect?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

There's something I didn't try.
I've been at this all day and as soon as I posted here, the server started showing on the list again.
Since it's happened all day, I don't expect it to stay long, so I will try that if it happens again.

If it does, and I can custom connect... What would that mean?

Edit: yep just became unreachable again, but now I can't even send commands or get answers.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I just had it up and running for 5 minutes and then unreachable again.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Watch the console and make sure you know what port it's using. Sometimes when it reboots due to dedicated idle it will grab the following port rather than reusing the one it had, which you may not have open?

I would just worry about the custom connect issue rather than the list for now. Fixing that will probably fix you not showing on the master list as well.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Light wrote:Watch the console and make sure you know what port it's using. Sometimes when it reboots due to dedicated idle it will grab the following port rather than reusing the one it had, which you may not have open?
This has also been my experience. Arma will just take the next port available incrementally which may not be open.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Kevin managed to fix this. He says he found some port number discrepancies in the files.
It was either that or something to do with Nelg's CP, which will be down until he looks into it.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

The control panel is certainly not finished and maybe a tiny bit buggy, but should not be causing problems like that.