merge ladder scores

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

merge ladder scores

Post by aP|Nelg »

So there are people who have ladder scores of both logged in and logged out. How do I merge these scores properly?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: merge ladder scores

Post by ConVicT »

Manually.
But what's the point? The whole point of a login is so that someone can't rename to aP|Nelg and ruin your score.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

ConVicT wrote:Manually.
But what's the point? The whole point of a login is so that someone can't rename to aP|Nelg and ruin your score.
I want a direct answer, not a smart-alek answer followed by a question.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Considering that "manually" is the only way to do it; how is it a smart-arse answer? :lol:
Last edited by ConVicT on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

The basic answer is, you don't. The scores are added to and taken from based on different situations, and without know what all of them are, and having a full history of everything that happened to obtain them scores, it's sort of useless to bother with.

ConVicT was kind of on the right track, in that they're considered two different people to the server. It's like trying to merge two hashes together without being able to obtain the original values.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Nah, Light, I was thinking more like editing the ladder/matches/rounds logs and combining both scores, and deleting the player that wasn't logged in.
ConVicT = !0 matches
ConVicT@forums = 18 matches
ConVicT + ConVicT@forums = 28 matches.
So edit ConVicT@forums to 28 and just delete ConVicT
Light

Post by Light »

The ladder scores and rounds won is very different. If he meant that, then yeah, just add them together.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I think maybe he meant the ladder, and that takes score from winning, surviving, killing and probably a bunch of other things. So Yeah:
Light wrote: The scores are added to and taken from based on different situations, and without know what all of them are, and having a full history of everything that happened to obtain them scores, it's sort of useless to bother with.
I've never really understood the numbers on the ladder. I mean what is 10.something; how can you have decimals?
Personally, I've never been able to wrap my head around that.
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:I've never really understood the numbers on the ladder. I mean what is 10.something; how can you have decimals?
Personally, I've never been able to wrap my head around that.
I've just never cared. All that really matters is being active. I can hop to the top or very near in a few days of playing on many servers, but it's meaningless to me. Then again, I'm not a competitive player. I just play to enjoy myself or pass time .. or had too much to drink and somehow always end up here. :)
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Light wrote:.. or had too much to drink and somehow always end up here. :)
I do that too!
I also like to make an ass of myself on forums :)