iD Student / iD Tech

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by ConVicT »

aP|Nelg wrote:Can I point out that the IPs you guys are listing aren't even remotely matching to mine?
I can't remember why I used to ban you from my server away back in 2010, I must've had a reason.
The reason I bring this up is because I specifically remember that you were unbannable because your IP would always change. I actually had to use an "everytime" on you.

I didn't definitely think it was you.
Just if we were going down that route of pointing fingers, or suggestions on who it could be, the only people that I could think of that mess around with bots are you and Light. I don't think Light would, but I've witnessed you several times messing with pointless stuff, and you just came to mind.
...Now that I think about it, Lovebug likes to mess with bots...
LittleSteps wrote:
ConVicT was edited to have wrote:By the way
[quote="ConVicT was edited to have""]"every time"
[/quote]
Will you stop correcting me to be incorrect, or phrases you prefer :lol:
If people start calling their CFG "every time" with the space, it won't work.
And, "by the by" is a phrase too. :P
:pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:

User avatar
vov
Match Winner
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by vov »

OP is a fake.
The screenshot in his first post is from my server, so I could easily look up who made it. The screenie in the OP was definitely created with instant chats. The IP in the text there has never joined my server and as far as I know IPs are only given out to mods, which the screenie maker is definitely not. The player who made it has joined my server twice: Once as XzL-Blackout, which is known to me as a chronical troublemaker (just like "swag", that kind of person) and once again as Player 1 on the indeed modified client (NetID 30) to take that "screenshot".
As far as I'm aware, "iD Student" players are from universities. My guess is: they have public computers there running tron, with the player name iD Student since it's better than Player 1. People sit down there, play, and leave after a while - hence the sometimes inactive clients. The ones on my server definitely played some WildCat actively with Empha according to the logs and I saw a couple of them try sumo.
Also, since there is no language filter, some kids use the opportunity of the in game chat to spam bad words of course.

Conclusions:
- OP is a fake.
- This thread is bogus.

To server owners:
- If you host a server and want to do something against inactive clients, set up an idle kick.
- Do NOT automatically ban iD Students.

To players:
- If you see an iD Student, be friendly to him - if the game is friendly to newbies maybe they will like the game and continue to play.

User avatar
[Anonymous]
Round Winner
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by [Anonymous] »

Instead of worrying about stopping them from playing from how about recruit some, or at least teach them how to speak. As time pass they may continue to play tron.

Off Topic: Many servers have been attacked by DDOS any information to prevent this would be appreciated.

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by aP|Nelg »

[Anonymous] wrote:Off Topic: Many servers have been attacked by DDOS any information to prevent this would be appreciated.
People were coming up with ideas in game. Hopefully the devs will cooperate in fixing this. (hint hint hint)
ConVicT wrote:I can't remember why I used to ban you from my server away back in 2010, I must've had a reason.
The reason I bring this up is because I specifically remember that you were unbannable because your IP would always change. I actually had to use an "everytime" on you.

That was 5 years ago, I don't really think anyone cares at this point. But my IP changing wouldn't bring me to 30 different states+cities, it would still be in the same state.

User avatar
LittleSteps
Core Dumper
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by LittleSteps »

vov wrote:long shit I only half ass read
This was guru3’s server and this is part of my client nor has my ID ever been 30. Anyways as far as I know anyone using 0.3+ will have 30.

Image

Conclusions:
Your pathetic anger obviously built up and biased makes me laughed tbh.
vov wrote: If you see an iD Student, be friendly to him - if the game is friendly to newbies maybe they will like the game and continue to play.
Tried they spam, and don’t respect the server rules. I have even told them multiple times how to talk and how to play with no response.

[Anonymous] wrote:Instead of worrying about stopping them from playing from how about recruit some, or at least teach them how to speak. As time pass they may continue to play tron.

Off Topic: Many servers have been attacked by DDOS any information to prevent this would be appreciated.


More irrelevant information, thank you troll. Lets just look at your posting history, http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 44#p291944 .. Nice one!


Anyways problem solved you can stop posting your irrelevant unhelpful information now.

Hi xxxx



Thank you for reaching out to us. As a community, iD Tech has loved and played Armagetron for years. We are very sorry to hear that some of our students have not been behaving in the manner we expect of them.



We’ve been playing Armagetron every summer for at least 8 years I know of. However, students should not be playing on public online servers as this is against our camp policies. We also train our staff to monitor students and enforce proper sportsmanship and digital citizenship.



I myself have a lot of hours clocked on Armagetron and understand the importance of online community. I want to personally thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we are addressing the issue.



Thank you,


Genevieve C. Johnson
Curriculum Development Lead
408-628-1025

iD Tech
CAMPS, ACADEMIES & ONLINE
iDTech.com Facebook Twitter

User avatar
[Anonymous]
Round Winner
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by [Anonymous] »

Ah! Arma's current source of new players and you've managed to run them away because using Player Police - Silence was to much for you! Congratulations! Sarcasm

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4183
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by Word »

Well, my post count is a little higher so I guess you respect my opinion.
Tried they spam, and don’t respect the server rules. I have even told them multiple times how to talk and how to play with no response.
If this is about some dog fight server, I'm afraid that Anonymous guy is spot on. Stop scaring away new players with idiotic concepts like "open". They shouldn't be kicked or harassed for playing in every way that is allowed by the server. If you don't like it, change the server settings (including your spam policy) to solve both of your problems. (If they are so inexperienced, it should be quite easy to core dump them if you play normally, no?)

User avatar
LittleSteps
Core Dumper
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by LittleSteps »

Word wrote:Well, my post count is a little higher so I guess you respect my opinion.
Tried they spam, and don’t respect the server rules. I have even told them multiple times how to talk and how to play with no response.
If this is about some dog fight server, I'm afraid that Anonymous guy is spot on. Stop scaring away new players with idiotic concepts like "open". They shouldn't be kicked or harassed for playing in every way that is allowed by the server. If you don't like it, change the server settings (including your spam policy) to solve both of your problems. (If they are so inexperienced, it should be quite easy to core dump them if you play normally, no?)

In that case because you can go against rules ("concepts") because they are stupid! Shall I go crash every server and be annoying because I find server rules are stupid, cool! I hate the concept of being nice to the idiots with this kind of logic, thanks for the ability to go against the rules, like I said problem solved you can stop posting irrelevant information.. You act like I kick them after one response, I let them play there for about a match constantly telling them how to play and talk but they refuse to communicate or listen.


Arg so many biased responses for a topic thats not about open play.

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4183
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by Word »

In that case because you can go against rules ("concepts") because they are stupid! Shall I go crash every server and be annoying because I find server rules are stupid, cool! I hate the concept of being nice to the idiots with this kind of logic, thanks for the ability to go against the rules, like I said problem solved you can stop posting irrelevant information..
Can we agree not to twist one another's words, please? To clarify, I didn't say everyone is free to be rude while talking, but that their playing style isn't your concern - if that is what you're complaining about.
constantly telling them how to play
You clearly don't see the absurdity of a remark like that, so once more: Nobody asks you to tell them what to do, regardless whether you regard your own intentions as pure or not. If you already find yourself doing that, the problem is in your settings.
Last edited by Word on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LittleSteps
Core Dumper
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by LittleSteps »

Word wrote:
In that case because you can go against rules ("concepts") because they are stupid! Shall I go crash every server and be annoying because I find server rules are stupid, cool! I hate the concept of being nice to the idiots with this kind of logic, thanks for the ability to go against the rules, like I said problem solved you can stop posting irrelevant information..
Can we agree not to twist one another's words, please?
constantly telling them how to play
You clearly don't see the absurdity of a remark like that, so once more: Nobody asks you to tell them what to do, regardless whether you regard your own intentions as pure or not. If you already find yourself doing that, the problem is in your settings.

This was not just in the server I have admin on, this is in plenty of places.. It was not just my decision to kick these players, they have been polled out on several accounts. In any "high rubber" server they camp, but in loose dogfight they stab, they simply don't follow the clear rules, so players such as myself try to help them before we kick them. Should I not help them?

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4183
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by Word »

As I said, that sort of "help" is just patronizing (still preferable over a kick if they actually experience it as help, which I doubt though). Ideally, you wouldn't have to teach them or kick them. Like in most other, normal servers (since you think it's an argument that there are few others with the same rules) where they can do what they want.

User avatar
LittleSteps
Core Dumper
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by LittleSteps »

Word wrote:As I said, that sort of "help" is just patronizing (still preferable over a kick if they actually experience it as help, which I doubt though). Ideally, you wouldn't have to teach them or kick them. Like in most other, normal servers (since you think it's an argument that there are few others with the same rules).

I do not understand your argument, you do not want me to teach them how to play?

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4183
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by Word »

I don't want players to gang up on newer ones at a time when they should learn to adapt to rubber and tell them they can forget all of that, because all the skilled guys play "open", or telling them they're bad and impolite because they play the way that the game expects them to play by default. Dog fight servers make themselves more exclusive in an artificial way - and I wouldn't have a problem with that if they'd just stop treating new players like that and tell them their way is the only true way to play this game and everything else is impolite. That's ridiculous. To play open means to handicap yourself in an unnecessary way (yeah, purely out of fun you'll say, but as a closer myself, I often find that open players are the biggest crybabies around and rarely adapt to me, because they have never even tried to learn how to grind...), so why already spoil new players like that?
Last edited by Word on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LittleSteps
Core Dumper
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by LittleSteps »

Word wrote:I don't want players to gang up on newer ones at a time when they should learn to adapt to rubber and tell them they can forget all of that, because all the skilled guys play "open", or telling them they're bad and impolite because they play the way that the game expects them to play by default. Dog fight servers make themselves more exclusive in an artificial way - and I wouldn't have a problem with that if they'd just stop treating new players like that and tell them their way is the only true way to play this game and everything else is impolite. That's ridiculous.

I do not know why you are still on the idea of open play I introduced high rubber and camping to prove its not about open play. Again and again I must tell you this is not about dogfight. If your logic is true why do I get kicked for team killing in fort if thats how I know how to play and no one will teach me that they are on my team.

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4183
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: iD Student / iD Tech

Post by Word »

I do not know why you are still on the idea of open play I introduced high rubber and camping to prove its not about open play.
Fine, then go ahead and fix "camping" instead. Add a death zone, problem solved. (Well, it's a natural disadvantage of HR that you can survive forever even if you're new, that's why *I* avoid those servers anyway...)
And there is always more than one player involved, one who makes a spiral or maze and one who doesn't dare to get inside (it's a challenge, right?).
LittleSteps wrote:If your logic is true why do I get kicked for team killing in fort if thats how I know how to play and no one will teach me that they are on my team.
Actually I oppose that as well, unless the player clearly does so intentionally, repeatedly, and can't be avoided in any other way (shuffling for example).

Post Reply